Buildings are the constructed elements that make up a colony. Buildings provide living accommodations, protection from enemies and the weather, and various vital functions for the colony.
Buildings that are owned by the colony can be deconstructed; or copied by clicking the [Build copy] button.
Buildings owned by an enemy faction on a local map can be claimed once the enemy are all defeated. Once claimed, the buildings are free to be used by colonists, or deconstructed.
Certain buildings have an option to Uninstall them or Reinstall them at a new location, a task carried out by constructors. An uninstalled building is converted to a minified item and can be sold to traders or reinstalled at another location.
The material a building is made from drastically changes all statistics it has. Note that all those statistics are seperate from the actuall material values itself.
Among the more important ones are Flammability and Market Value. A soft stat of sorts is the local avalibility, as not every materials is equally likely in every world tile and many might have uses for more important stuff then building
Picking the right material is second only to picking the right Item to build in the first place.
- Beauty realtes to how much Pawns like seeing that item.
- Market Value The market value per full unit. The effective Market value of a Item is based on the cost of all the materials and the work to make.
- Hitpoints The amount by which maximum Hitpoints for the Item is multiplied.
- Flammability How likely the item is to catch fire.
- Build time The multiplier is applied to change the time it takes to build something out of the specified material. As such it directly affects the Market Value of the item.
- Door Open Speed how quick the door is to open.
- Rest modifier how quickly pawns rest in a bed made from this material.
|Material||Beauty Offset||Beauty Multiplier||Market Value||Hitpoints||Flammability||Buildtime||Door Open Speed||Bedrest|
Wood is the starter material. It is very quick to process, is naturally present in most biomes and has a very low market value. Unfortunately it is also the most flammable and least durable of them all.
Steel as with any other case, the most average material against which all others can be compared. Due to it's high usebility in crafting, it is often not adviseable to make the bulk of a colonies structure from it
Stone Blocks are fully resistant to fire, but long build time and poor comfort.
- Granite is the most durable, perfect for building defenses.
- Marble offers the highest beauty, making it ideal for furniture and in particular art.
The remaining materials are often way too valuable, rare or expensive to be practical.