IED smoke trap
|This article is a stub. You can help RimWorld Wiki by expanding it. Reason: Please add a reason.|
|This page could use some more or updated images. You can help RimWorld Wiki by uploading images to make this page better. Note: Images of AoE in a style similar to File:Skip shield radius.jpg.|
IED smoke trap
A pair of smoke shells connected to a trigger which detonates on touch or bullet impact. Since it is hidden in the surrounding terrain, it cannot be placed adjacent to other traps. Animals can sense these when calm.
- 1 ˣ 1
- Terrain Affordance
- Required Research
- Skill Required
- Construction 3
- Work To Make
- 1,400 ticks (23.33 secs)
- Destroy yield
The IED smoke trap explodes into a smoke cloud of 8.6-tile radius 0.15 seconds after an enemy had walked over it.
When tripped, it will start emitting a hissing sound hinting enemies to run away.
IED smoke traps can be constructed once the IEDs research project has been completed. They require 2 Smoke shells, 1,400 ticks (23.33 secs) of work, and a Construction skill of 3.
IEDs are single use traps that may be triggered when a pawn of any kind walks over it.
- The base trigger chance is 100% for enemies, including animals affected by the manhunter mental state. Note that despite the name, animals currently hunting a human pawn for food are not "manhunters" and are not considered enemies.
- Non-manhunting wild animals have a 25% chance to trigger the trap.
- Colonists and tame animals have 0.4% (one in 250) to trigger the trap.
- Friendly visitors will never trigger a trap.
However, colonists and non-manhunting animals are aware of the location of traps, and will avoid pathing over them if reasonably possible. In all instances, the nimble trait multiplies the trigger chance for that pawn by 10%, that is, a 10% chance for enemies and 0.04% chance for friendly pawns.
Creates blind smoke. (How much?)
- 1.1.0 - IEDs explode when bullets hit them. This allows the player to purposefully shoot them to set them off.