IED tox trap
|This article relates to content added by Biotech (DLC). Please note that it will not be present without the DLC enabled.|
|This page could use some more or updated images. You can help RimWorld Wiki by uploading images to make this page better. Note: Images of AoE in a style similar to File:Skip shield radius.jpg.|
IED tox trap
A pair of tox gas shells connected to a trigger which detonates on touch or bullet impact. Since it is hidden in the surrounding terrain, it cannot be placed adjacent to other traps. Animals can sense these when calm.
- 1 × 1
- Terrain Affordance
- Required Research
- Skill Required
- Construction 3
- Work To Make
- 1,400 ticks (23.33 secs)
The IED tox trap that explodes in a cloud of tox gas when walked over.
|This section is a stub. You can help RimWorld Wiki by expanding it. Reason: 1) Density affects exposure - what densities? Consider also integrating information into requested image. 2) Verify radius.|
IEDs are single use traps that may be triggered when a pawn of any kind walks over it.
- The base trigger chance is 100% for enemies, including mechanoids and animals affected by the manhunter mental state. Note that despite the name, animals currently hunting a human pawn for food are not "manhunters" and are not considered enemies.
- Non-manhunting wild animals have a 25% chance to trigger the trap.
- Colonists and tame animals have 0.4% (one in 250) chance to trigger the trap.
- Friendly visitors and their animals will never trigger a trap.
However, colonists and non-manhunting animals are aware of the location of traps, and will avoid pathing over them if reasonably practical.nimble trait multiplies the trigger chance for that pawn by 10%, that is, a 10% chance for enemies and 0.04% chance for friendly pawns.In all instances, the
When triggered, the trap will begin to spark and emit a hissing sound for 15 ticks (0.25 secs) before exploding, creating a cloud of tox gas in a 8.9-tile radius. The explosion and resulting cloud deal no damage but the gas causes tox gas exposure as well as toxic buildup to those not immune. See Tox gas for details.
Non-drafted pawns will attempt to run from an activated IED trap, even if it wouldn't affect them.
|This section is a stub. You can help RimWorld Wiki by expanding it. Reason: General.|
- Biotech DLC Release - Added.