Uranium slug turret
|This article is suggested to be rewritten. Reason: Format standardisation. You can help RimWorld Wiki by improving it.|
Uranium slug turret
"A long-ranged armor-piercing turret. Its ultra-dense uranium shells can punch through heavy armor at long ranges, but it requires new uranium slugs to be loaded after use. It's more accurate at longer ranges, and can't fire at all close up. May explode when damaged."
- 100 kg
- 2 ˣ 2
- Cover Effectiveness
- Armor penetration
- 240 ticks (
- 45.9 tile(s)
- Minimum Range
- 11.9 tiles
- 20% - 30% - 40% - 95%
- 120 (m/s)
- Burst Count
- 1 (per burst)
- Skill required
- Construction 5
- Work To Make
- 15,000 ticks (
- 225 + 23 + 45 + 5
The uranium slug turret is a defensive turret. It has a long range of 45.9 tiles and is very accurate at range (98% accuracy per tile vs 96% for all others), but can't hit anything within 11.9 tiles. It is more accurate at long ranges than at close ranges. Like the autocannon turret though, the uranium slug turret's stopping power is almost non-existent despite its extremely high per-shot damage, not even being able to stagger humans.
Since uranium slug turrets are large 2x2 structures, ranged attacks are twice as accurate against them. However, uranium slug turrets also benefit from being put behind sandbags which mitigates this accuracy bonus.
After firing 30 slugs it needs to be reloaded, costing:
- 60 uranium in Peaceful and Base Builder difficulty
- 90 uranium in Medium difficulty
- 120 uranium in Rough difficulty and above
Its high armor penetration negates much of the armor points from any enemy.
Uranium slug turrets have a chance to explode when they drop below 20% health, dealing damage to everything in a large radius.
In the current version, it is too cost-inefficient to be practical against the majority of enemies- uranium is hard to come by, and the damage, while high compared to other weapons, is not enough to compensate for the cost.
Interestingly, it is more accurate at long ranges than short ranges; for best effects, pair it up with the other turrets to provide short-range firepower.
It works well to intercept heavily armored enemies, such as centipedes or raiders with marine armor as its extremely high armor penetration will negate much armor. However, due to its low accuracy at short distances it is unsuited for killbox use without a specially designed killbox.
Unlike the mini-turret, this one can not be moved after it is built.
- Beta 19/1.0 - added.
- 1.1.0 - received a massive nerf to damage (75 -> 30), nerf to armor penetration (112.5% -> 70%), reduced range (49.9 -> 39.9), increased reload cost (60 -> 80 baseline) and nerf to shooting accuracy (98.8% -> 98%).
- 1.1.2618 - received a buff to damage (30 -> 45), increased range (39.9 -> 45.9), increased reload cost (80 -> 120) and reduced magazine capacity (40 -> 30).
- 1.1.2624 - received a buff to damage (45 -> 50), buff to armor penetration (70% -> 75%), and reduced reload cost (120 -> 90).