IED incendiary trap
|This page could use some more or updated images. You can help RimWorld Wiki by uploading images to make this page better. Note: Images of AoE in a style similar to File:Skip shield radius.jpg Detonate on tiles to show chemfuel puddle distribution.|
IED incendiary trap
A pair of incendiary shells connected to a trigger which detonates on touch or bullet impact. Since it is hidden in the surrounding terrain, it cannot be placed adjacent to other traps. Animals can sense these when calm.
- 1 × 1
- Terrain Affordance
- Required Research
- Skill Required
- Construction 3
- Work To Make
- 1,400 ticks (23.33 secs)
The IED incendiary trap is a trap that sets pawns on fire.
IEDs are single use traps that may be triggered when a pawn of any kind walks over it.
- The base trigger chance is 100% for enemies, including mechanoids and animals affected by the manhunter mental state. Note that despite the name, animals currently hunting a human pawn for food are not "manhunters" and are not considered enemies.
- Non-manhunting wild animals have a 25% chance to trigger the trap.
- Colonists and tame animals have 0.4% (one in 250) chance to trigger the trap.
- Friendly visitors and their animals will never trigger a trap.
However, colonists and non-manhunting animals are aware of the location of traps, and will avoid pathing over them if reasonably practical.nimble trait multiplies the trigger chance for that pawn by 10%, that is, a 10% chance for enemies and 0.04% chance for friendly pawns.In all instances, the
When triggered, the trap will begin to spark and emit a hissing sound for 15 ticks (0.25 secs) before exploding, dealing 10 Flame damage in a 3.9-tile radius and potentially igniting flammable pawns, buildings, and flooring in the area. For a full list of effects, see Flame.
Non-drafted pawns will attempt to run from an activated IED trap, even if it wouldn't affect them.
IED incendiary traps can be a highly effective crowd control measure when used in conjunction with non-flammable barricades or walls, and a straw matting floor. They can be shot to create a wall of fire igniting melee attackers. Enemies on fire will run around wildly and not attack.
They are also a good tool to capture enemy raiders or kill infestations. They can be used in an enclosed room to quickly increase the temperature inducing heatstroke on raiders and insects alike.
- 0.11.877 - Added as Incendiary IED Trap
- 1.1.0 - IEDs explode when bullets hit them. This allows the player to purposefully shoot them to set them off.