|This article is intended for rewrite. Reason: Some outdated names and data. You can help RimWorld Wiki by editing it.|
- For strategies on building defenses, see Defense structures .
Colonists can build the following security structures to help protect the colony from harm:
|Sandbags||Improvised turret||Mortar||Deadfall trap||IED trap||IED incendiary trap||IED EMP trap||IED firefoam trap||IED antigrain warhead trap|
A security construction is a building your colonists can build that helps protect your colony.
Types of security structures:
- Sandbags - Provide good cover, excellent for defensive firing positions.
- Improvised turret - Medium-range automatic machine gun. Best when placed to cover common entry points, but requires power.
- Mortars - Long-range and very damaging but require ammunition, have long warmup and cooldown times, and are highly inaccurate.
- Traps - Passive structures that inflict a one-time injury. Some can be rearmed, others are single-use. Colonists and friendlies will try to avoid them, and enemies can avoid a trap once their faction has learned of its position. Friendlies have a 0.4% chance of triggering traps.
- Turrets and mortars can be reinstalled directly to a new location or can be uninstalled and become a minified item. Once minified, they can be hauled, sold, or installed in a new location. They are categorized as furniture; in stockpile zones they are configured as Items > Furniture.
|Name||HP||Work to Make||Metal Cost||Power Consumption||Flammable||Path Cost||Manned||Beauty||Has Gun||Range||Accuracy||Req. Research|
|100||42||160||350||20%||50||No||-60||Improvised turret gun||25.9||3||Gun turrets|
|Steel mortar *||180||45||150||-||20%||50||Yes||-60||Mortar||500||0.06-0.79||Mortars|
|IED incendiary trap||40||84||50||-||0%||40||No||-4||-||0||-||Incendiary IEDs|
|IED EMP trap||40||34||50||-||0%||40||No||-4||-||0||-||IEDs|
|IED firefoam trap||40||84||50||-||0%||40||No||-4||-||0||-||IEDs|
|IED antigrain warhead trap||40||84||50||-||0%||40||No||-4||-||0||-||IEDs|
* Values given only for steel structures but can be made of other materials with different properties.