|This article is a stub. You can help RimWorld Wiki by expanding it. Reason: New firefoam mechanics in 1.4 - also specifically how Covered in Firefoam hediff works, how its procced (just explosion or what?), how long in lasts, whether it lasts longer in foam filth etc..|
Firefoam is a flame-retardant foam that extinguishes fire on contact and prevents fire from spreading on tiles it covers. It also gives the Covered in firefoam status to pawns standing inside, reducing Flammability to 0%. This status lasts for a short time after exiting firefoam.
The following release firefoam:
- Firefoam popper
- Firefoam shell
- IED firefoam trap
- Firefoam pop pack
- Foam turret
- Foam spew gene ability
Firefoam is generally released in an explosion. This explosion does no damage. The explosion will put out pawns and animals that are on fire, though the foam coating the ground does not actually extinguish fires.
Firefoam can be left in place long term as a defense against inferno cannon and other incendiary weapons. To do so the area must be roofed and be removed from the home zone to prevent pawns cleaning it.
- To create firefoam in development mode, use the "T: Explosion" command and select extinguisher.
- 0.13.1135 - Added, alongside the firefoam popper.
- ? - No longer slows pawns by 25%, nor depletes shield belts.
- 0.18.1722 - Firefoam shell added.
- Biotech DLC Release - Paramedic and Foam spray added.
- 1.4.3523 - Standing in firefoam now causes the Covered in Firefoam hediff, reducing flammability of a pawn. Firefoam pop pack and foam turret added.