A grave provides a place to bury corpses. Graves can be constructed without need of materials. The default storage setting only allows human corpses, but can be set to accept animals, strangers or mechanoids. A body can be removed (hauled) from a grave with the 'Open' command. Deconstructing will also release the buried.
- Unburied human corpses trigger 'observed corpse' negative thought for passersbys.
- Unburied colonist bodies trigger the 'colonist left unburied' negative thought.
- Unburied corpses have -150 beauty, resulting in an ugly environment.
- Unburied corpses create the corpse bile filth, which provides a massive -50 beauty indoors and -15 outdoors.
- Colonists visiting graves of fellow members gain a recreation boost.
Graves cannot be stood on, though they can be walked through. This allows tactical usage by positioning graves to prevent enemies from standing on some locations.
- Molotov cocktails can be thrown on corpses for fire to burn them up.
- Electric crematorium can be used to burn corpses while requiring electricity.
- Sarcophagi are nicer but require materials to make.
- Until Alpha 4, there used to be another version called gibbet cage which caused mood debuff (Fear) to characters passing nearby. The Ideology DLC re-added the gibbet cage as a separate object.
- 0.12.906 - ‘Open’ designator added. Can now be visited as a joy activity.
- Beta 19/1.0 = Burying corpses takes 2x longer. Digging graves takes 20% longer
- 1.1.2654 - Increase psyfocus gain range of grave from 4~20 to 6~26.