From RimWorld Wiki
Alpha 12 - 0.12.906 was released on August 21, 2015 - Alpha 12 Release + Hotfixes
- 1 New Contents
- 1.1 Animal Taming
- 1.2 New Animal Mechanics + Behaviour
- 1.3 New Animals
- 1.4 Room Roles and Stats
- 1.5 Facilities
- 1.6 Ancient artifacts
- 1.7 UI Reworked
- 1.8 Misc Changes
- 2 Hotfixes
- Colonists with the Animal Handler work type will now interact with animals.
- Animal handling success rates are governed by the new Animals skill.
- Handlers can tame animals. They approach designated wild animals with food and attempt to tame them to make them part of the colony.
- Handlers can train animals as designated in tame animals’ Training tab. Animal training looks like taming, requires food, and trains one “trainable skill” at a time. Not all animals can learn anything; they need sufficient trainable intelligence.
- Obedience: has master, follows master while master is drafted and defends him.
- Release: master can release animal during combat to attack distant enemies, and call animal back.
- Rescue: animal will rescue wounded colonists and take them to bed. Animal must be smart and large enough to do this.
- Haul: animal will intermittently haul items like a colonist would. Animal must be smart enough to do this, and will haul an amount related to its body size.
- Added Animals main tab, which lists all colony animals and provides interfaces to set their master and area restriction.
- Each animal has a ‘wildness’ indicating how difficult it is to tame.
- Animals have a minimum handling skill. Player is warned if they designate taming an animal that no handler can actually tame.
- Tame animals can be assigned animal areas in which they will try to remain.
- Tame animals can be bought and sold. Bulk traders carry normal animals, while exotic goods traders can buy and sell any weird animal, pre-tamed.
- Tame animals can be designated for slaughter and animal handlers will slaughter them.
New Animal Mechanics + Behaviour
- Some animals (alpaca, muffalo, camel) can be shorn for wool that can be crafted into apparel.
- Some animals (muffalo, cow, camel) can be milked.
- Some animals (chicken, cobra, iguana, tortoise, etc) can now lay eggs. Fertilized eggs will hatch. All eggs can be eaten or cooked.
- Animals can be pregnant and give birth. Animals are made pregnant when a male approaches and mates with a female. Birth is accompanied by amniotic fluid spray.
- You can now build animal beds and animal boxes and place animal sleeping spots.
- Animals all sleep.
- Animals can have different graphics per gender.
- Animals have “life stages” related to their ages. Baby animals are tiny and weak, juveniles somewhat larger, and adults are full size.
- Colony starts with a random pet.
- Animals can nuzzle colonists, improving their mood.
- Animals can be named when tamed or when nuzzling. Names are drawn from a large bank of animal names.
- All organisms including animals have life expectancies and will develop chronic conditions like frailty or cataracts in old age.
- New incident: Farm Animals Wander In (some tame farm animals wander to and join the colony)
- New incident: Self Tame (random wild animal on map becomes tame).
- Doctors will treat animals’ wounds if the animal is in a colony bed.
- Some animals may attack on a failed taming attempt.
- Animals produce animal filth, proportional to body size, inversely proportional to petness.
- Tons of new animal graphics and sounds for new animals.
- Boomalope (large fragile animal that explodes and sets fires on death)
- Thrumbo (giant peaceful powerful creature with amazing fur and horn)
- Chinchilla (very valuable fur)
- Yorkshire terrier
- Labrador retriever
Room Roles and Stats
- Rooms now have ‘roles’ and stats based on what is inside them. These are automatically-defined values that, in turn, passively affect thoughts and events in the room.
- Room roles and stats can be inspected with a new inspection tool (bottom right of screen).
Room roles are:
- Prison bedroom
- Prison barracks
- Dining room
- Rec room
Room stats are:
- Impressiveness (most important stat; an aggregate of other stats, mostly for pride psychology)
- Cleanliness (has a direct effect on medical outcomes)
Room stats affect things like:
- Immunity gain speed
- Medical treatment quality
- Room stats create many variants on thoughts like:
- Ate in impressive dining room
- Own impressive bedroom
- Own bed in impressive barracks
- Did joy activity in impressive rec room
Added room traits:
- Greedy: Unhappy without a very impressive room.
- Jealous: Unhappy if anyone has a room noticeably better than him.
- Ascetic: Unhappy unless he has a very crappy room.
- Added ‘facilities’ – passive buildings that give bonuses to nearby buildings:
- Vitals monitor (improves healing in adjacent medical bed)
- Tool cabinet (improves production at nearby work table)
- Multi-analyzer (speeds research at nearby research bench)
- Ancient artifacts with psychic powers can be bought, sold, and found in ancient crypts.
- Psychic powers work at any range through obstacles.
- Artifacts are one-use.
The artifacts are:
- Psychic insanity lance – drives a single target insane
- Psychic shock lance – drops a single target asleep
- Psychic animal pulser – drives animals berserk map-wide
- Psychic soothe pulser – gives a temporary mood boost to everyone on the map
- Main tabs like Work, Outfits, World, Factions, etc are now tabs permanently displayed along the bottom of the screen instead of being buried in an Overview window.
- Some tabs, like Work, will not take more space than they need to given the number of entries (colonists) to display.
- Graves are no longer just glorified storage slots; colonists must actually ‘bury’ corpses.
- Can now build sarcophagi out of solid materials. High-quality sarcophagi are art items.
- Colonists will visit graves of dead colonists for a joy activity.
- New incident: Poison ship. A variation on the psychic drone ship that kills plants in an expanding circle.
- New Flashstorm. A localized, intense lightning storm in one area of the map. Causes big fires.
- Added heart attacks. People or animals approaching or past their life expectancy will have a chance of heart attack, which will progress and resolve in a random way. Heart attack is emergency-treatable to improve outcomes.
- Added hay (animal food only, for getting through winter). Added haygrass (long growing, high yield of hay).
- Added way to enable/deny medicine in different qualities to any colonist, prisoner, or tame animal, from a the health tab.
- All furniture is now ‘minifiable’ like televisions and telescopes. This means beds, chairs, etc can be moved without being rebuilt, bought, and sold.
- New trait: Night owl. Happy when awake at night, sad if awake around midday.
- New thought: Crowded – In a space with too many people.
- New installable implant: Painstopper. Prevents all pain, but reduces consciousness permanently.
- New installable implant: Joywire. Large permanent happiness boost, but reduces consciousness permanently.
- Furniture can now be art engraved.
- New floors: gold tile, sterile tile, cream carpet, dark gray carpet.
- Game start now has a “select random landing site” button if you don’t want to choose.
- Improvements to trade interface: better layout, expands vertically to use all screen space, increment/decrement buttons and launch/drop all buttons added.
- Added ‘open’ designator for opening cryptosleep caskets, graves, sarcophagi, and other containers.
- Manhunter pack incident can use animals besides wargs.
- Commands are shown if there is at least 1 selected object with this command, instead of requiring all selected things be able to accept the command.
- Dazed broken pawns will now randomly strip off clothes and drop things.
- New graphics for squirrel and warg.
- New graphics for research bench and other buildings.
- Unskilled or injured growers can fail at harvesting, destroying the harvest for one plant
- A bunch of new music from Alistair Lindsay.
- Carrying capacity is now a stat that can change for body size and manipulation capacity.
- Siegers will never be sent with only melee weapons (too exploitable).
- Sappers now avoid mining through high-health ores and barriers.
- Rebalanced crop yields and harvesting challenges so crops require a bit more space.
- Game will auto-reset mods config on startup crash to try to recover.
- Tons and tons of bugfixes and other adjustments, refactorings, balancings and tunings.
- Rebalanced animal hauling, traps, charge rifle, assault rifle. (Alpha 12b)
- Rebalanced animal hunger rates and plant nutritions so animals need larger grass pastures to be sustainable. (Alpha 12b)
- Thrumbo is much more powerful in combat. (Alpha 12b)
- Sleeping pawns now wake up when harmed. (Alpha 12b)
- Float menu column is wider to avoid cut-off text. (Alpha 12b)
- Ship part incidents won’t occur so early. (Alpha 12b)
- First raid comes a bit earlier on Cassandra and Phoebe. (Alpha 12b)
- Fixed: Manual work priorities being used after switching to non-manual priorities. (Alpha 12b)
- Fixed: Colonists have ‘colonist left unburied’ thoughts when tame animals were left unburied. (Alpha 12b)
- Fixed: Eggs can only be used for simple meals (Alpha 12b)
- Fixed: Trade items dropping in weird places. (Alpha 12b)
- Fixed: Colonists incapable of violence can slaughter animals. (Alpha 12b)
- Fixed: Alphabeavers leave the map after they sleep because they get hungry. (Alpha 12b)
- Fixed: Date changes over at 6am, not midnight. (Alpha 12b)
- Misc other fixes and improvements. (Alpha 12b)
- Poison ship part event now only drops one ship part instead of 2-3. (Alpha 12c)
- Flashstorms are much less intense (Alpha 12d)
- 1.0.2058 (Version 1.0)
- 0.19.2009 (Beta 19)
- 0.18.1722 (Beta 18)
- 0.17.1557 (Alpha 17B)
- 0.17.1546 (Alpha 17)
- 0.16.1393 (Alpha 16)
- 0.15.1284 (Alpha 15C)
- 0.15.1280 (Alpha 15B)
- 0.15.1279 (Alpha 15)
- 0.14.1249 (Alpha 14E)
- 0.14.1241 (Alpha 14D)
- 0.14.1238 (Alpha 14C)
- 0.14.1236 (Alpha 14B)
- 0.14.1234 (Alpha 14)
- 0.13.1135 (Alpha 13)
- 0.12.906 (Alpha 12)
- 0.11.877 (Alpha 11)
- 0.10.785 (Alpha 10)
- 0.9.722 (Alpha 9)
- 0.8.657 (Alpha 8)
- 0.7.581 (Alpha 7)
- 0.6.532 (Alpha 6)
- 0.5.492 (Alpha 5)
- 0.4.460 (Alpha 4)
- 0.3.410 (Alpha 3)
- 0.2.363 (Alpha 2)
- 0.1.334 (Alpha 1)
- 0.0.232 (Pre-Alpha 1)