|This article relates to content added by Biotech (DLC). Please note that it will not be present without the DLC enabled.|
A mech-band signaling device. When activated, it puts out a powerful mech signal pulse, which will attract an ultra-heavy feral mechanoid to attack with its escorts. If you can defeat it, you can collect special technologies from its corpse. The signal pulse burns out the transmitter, so this building can only be used once.
- 25 kg
- 2 × 1
- Cover Effectiveness
- Required Research
- Standard mechtech
- Work To Make
- 8,000 ticks (2.22 mins)
|This section is a stub. You can help RimWorld Wiki by expanding it. Reason: How long until the war queen arrives. Activation method etc..|
It cannot be used in the time between another mechanoid boss being summoned and that boss arriving. In addition, there is a 2 day cooldown between summoning any mech boss, regardless of when the mechs actually arrive.
Each time an antenna is activated, the number of mechanoids escorting the war queen increases.
- 1x War queen with heavy shield unit, 5x pikeman, 2x scyther
- 1x War queen with heavy shield unit, 7x militor, 2x centipede (burner)
- 1x War queen with heavy shield unit, 5x pikeman, 2x tesseron, 3x tunneler
- 2x War queen with heavy shield unit, 8x militor, 4x lancer, 2x centipede (burner)
- 2x War queen with heavy shield unit, 5x pikeman, 5x lancer, 3x legionary, 3x centipede (burner)
- 2x War queen with heavy shield unit, 14x scyther, 4x centipede (burner), 1x centurion
- 2x War queen with heavy shield unit, 8x centipede (burner), 18x scorcher
- 3x War queen with heavy shield unit, 6x scyther, 6x lancer, 3x legionary, 8x centipede (burner), 1x centurion
Like the other mechanoid bosses, after being summoned 8 times, the next summon will be the same as wave 3. The wave count is per playthrough, not per colony or map.If the war queen is summoned once on one map, summoning another on a second map will bring the second wave.
Build a mechband antenna when you are ready to fight the war queen.
In terms of actual cost, the war queen arrives with 600 steel worth of war urchins, its allies can also be shredded, and the antenna itself drops a few steel slag chunks to smelt. This results in the antenna being a complete positive in resources once Fabrication is available. Even when you can't fabricate components, the cost of an antenna is quite small for what a powerfocus chip and its research gets you.
- Biotech DLC Release - Added.
- 1.4.3555 - Super-mechanoids cannot be called when there is already another super-mechanoid on the way.