|This article relates to content added by Biotech (DLC). Please note that it will not be present without the DLC enabled.|
|This article is a stub. You can help RimWorld Wiki by expanding it. Reason: Stats. Analysis of allied war queens.|
An ultra-heavy mech with a built-in mech gestator. Fed with appropriate resources, the war queen can form small war urchin combat mechs within its massive carapace and deploy them into combat. Even more than other mechanoids, the war queen resembles a giant, living insect. All war mechs can be terrifying, but humans tend to find the war queen disturbing on a deeper level.
- Armor - Sharp
- Armor - Blunt
- Armor - Heat
- Move Speed
- 1.6 c/s
- Health Scale
- Body Size
- 240 kg
- Pack Capacity
- 140 kg
- Carrying Capacity
- 300 kg
- Filth Rate
- Comfortable Temp Range
- -100 °C – 250 °C (-148 °F – 482 °F)
4 dmg (Blunt)
2 second cooldown
- Average DPS
- Required Research
- Ultra mechtech
As mechanoids, every war queen is immune to fire, Flame and Heat damage, toxic buildup, and temperature extremes, despite having Comfortable Temperatures defined. They do not need to eat, rest, and have no mood. They will be stunned by EMP attacks for a time proportional to the EMP damage inflicted and will "adapt" and rendered immune to further EMP strikes for 2,200 ticks (36.67 secs). War queens have a 70% EMP resistance, meaning they are stunned for 70% less time.
As an enemy
You can summon a hostile War queen with a mechanitor and a mechband antenna, which requires the Basic Mechtech research. Summoning the war queen destroys the antenna, which costs 50 Steel, 4 Component to make. However, they are not exclusive to summoning, as strong enough mechanoid raids may feature one or even multiple.
When summoned, it will be accompanied by other mechanoids. The amount of other mechanoids depends on how many times you have summoned a War queen before, but is independent of wealth, time, or colony progress. They will crash down in a ship after a random amount of time ranging from a few in game hours to days. They will not attack immediately, but will instead act like a raid and "prepare" before launching their assault.
- Equipped with a charge blaster turret.
- Spawns war urchins; the queen can make up to 3 war urchins at a time. Each war urchin costs 25 steel to make. The war queen generates with 600 steel.
- May come with an energy shield. 300 HP, recharges at a 0.5 rate.
- MeleeDoorDamageFactor = 1.5
- 1x War queen with heavy shield unit, 5x pikeman, 2x scyther
- 1x War queen with heavy shield unit, 7x militor, 2x centipede (burner)
- 1x War queen with heavy shield unit, 5x pikeman, 2x tesseron, 3x tunneler
- 2x War queen with heavy shield unit, 8x militor, 4x lancer, 2x centipede (burner)
- 2x War queen with heavy shield unit, 5x pikeman, 5x lancer, 3x legionary, 3x centipede (burner)
- 2x War queen with heavy shield unit, 14x scyther, 4x centipede (burner), 1x centurion
- 2x War queen with heavy shield unit, 8x centipede (burner), 18x scorcher
- 3x War queen with heavy shield unit, 6x scyther, 6x lancer, 3x legionary, 8x centipede (burner), 1x centurion
Like the other mechanoid bosses, after being summoned 8 times, the next summon will be the same as wave 3.
As an ally
The War queen is an ultra-heavy mechanoid. It requires 600 Steel, 300 Plasteel, 3 Advanced component, 1 Nano structuring chip, 1 High subcore and takes up 5 bandwidth from a mechanitor. It recharges at a large mech recharger and creates 25 wastepacks whenever the recharger's waste meter fills.
War queens can generate up to 3 war urchins on command. This costs 25 steel per urchin and the action has a 15 second cooldown.
As an enemy
Despite their description in a Biotech preview, rushing the war queen is generally not the best strategy. The war queen will only begin to deploy urchins when she is within range of an enemy, so it can be advantageous to let her come to you. Furthermore, the war queen can only build a finite number of urchins, so it is quite viable to hunker down and win a battle of attrition. Aiming for the queen can help, but you'll need to use EMP and rush it down very quickly, lest the swarm takes you out.
The real threat isn't so much the war queen as the escorts she spawns with. The first summon comes with 5(!!) pikemen, and later fights only get harder. Pikemen in particular can snipe from a long range, making it extra difficult to interrupt the constant flow of war urchins. You might want to construct a close quarter combat arena in order to counter this.
(left, right, fore, hind)
(left, right, fore, hind)
- Located inside of Head.
- Located inside of Body.
- Biotech DLC Release - Added.
- 1.4.3531 - Increased EMP resistance from 45% to 70%.
- 1.4.3555 - Now immune to psychic lances.