|This article is suggested to be rewritten. Reason: Format standarization needed. You can help RimWorld Wiki by improving it.|
Divides rooms. Powered operation allows people to move through the door without slowing down.
- 1 ˣ 1
- Cover Effectiveness
- Required Research
- Skill Required
- Construction 6
- Work To Make
- 1,100 ticks (
- Metallic, Woody, Stony
Autodoors are powered doors that open and close a lot faster than regular doors of the same material.
The autodoor draws 50 W of power at all times. If not enough power is available or the door breaks down, it behaves exactly like a regular door of the same material.
Contrarily to the in-game description, not all autodoors allow unimpeded movement. Actually, a powered autodoor opens at 400% speed. This means that all powered autodoors that are not made of stone indeed do not slow colonists down; walk speeds that would be high enough to have an effect in this case are not achievable in practice. Stone autodoors, however, open only slightly faster than regular wooden doors.
The below animation shows a comparison of different door types and materials (the animals all have the same movement speed of 5 c/s, comparable to a fast human pawn).
- Work to build an autodoor is 130% the value of the corresponding regular door.
- Most other relevant stats (except opening/closing speed) are unchanged from regular doors of the same material.
- Steel autodoors offer the best compromise of durability and speed. Even unpowered they are only slightly slower than wooden doors, but a lot less flammable.
- If fire immunity is required, a granite autodoor offers the highest durability of the stone doors (270 hit points). In practice, a Plasteel autodoor is probably the better choice (450 hit points, opens like a steel door when unpowered).
- Due to the non-trivial power and materials cost, most bases want to use autodoors only in select locations.
- Stone autodoors are risky to use, because in times of power failure they will slow down colonists tremendously. This is especially painful because a blackout situation is very often also an emergency situation, where free movement is important.
- Since autodoors not only open, but also close fast, they help when a pawn needs to flee from a threat. This means that compared to the regular door, the auto door is more likely to close before the pursuer can step through or block the door.
- Stone autodoors being only slightly faster than (regular) wooden doors means they are not practical in most situations, except when fire immunity is absolutely required, and a failing autodoor would not pose a problem.
|Material||Stuff cost||Beauty||Work||Mass||HP||Flammability||Door Speed||Terrain Affordance||Market Value|
|Wooden Autodoor||25||0||770 ticks (||-||104||100%||120%||Light ||173|
|Granite Autodoor||25||0||6,600 ticks (||-||272||0%||45%||Heavy ||186|
|Limestone Autodoor||25||0||6,600 ticks (||-||248||0%||45%||Heavy ||186|
|Marble Autodoor||25||1||6,050 ticks (||-||192||0%||45%||Heavy ||184|
|Sandstone Autodoor||25||0||5,500 ticks (||-||224||0%||45%||Heavy ||182|
|Slate Autodoor||25||0||6,600 ticks (||-||208||0%||45%||Heavy ||186|
|Jade Autodoor||25||10||5,500 ticks (||-||80||0%||90%||Heavy ||285|
|Golden Autodoor||250||20||990 ticks (||-||96||40%||100%||Medium ||2645|
|Plasteel Autodoor||25||0||2,420 ticks (||-||448||0%||100%||Medium ||375|
|Silver Autodoor||250||6||1,100 ticks (||-||112||40%||100%||Medium ||395|
|Steel Autodoor||25||0||1,100 ticks (||-||160||40%||100%||Medium ||192|
|Uranium Autodoor||25||0||2,090 ticks (||-||400||0%||75%||Medium ||295|
|This information relates to content added by the Ideology DLC. Please note that it will not be present without the DLC enabled.|