A hard, green stone. Because of its beauty and rarity, jade is often used for ornaments and decorations. Its hardness and density also makes it a good material for blunt weapons.
- Stuff Category
- Stack Limit
- 0.5 kg
- Path Cost
- Terrain Affordance
- Beauty Factor
- Beauty Offset
- Work To Make Factor
- Work To Build Factor
- Max Hit Points
- Armor - Sharp
- Armor - Blunt
- Armor - Heat
- Insulation - Cold
- +3 °C (5.4 °F)
- Insulation - Heat
- +0 °C (0 °F)
- Melee Blunt Damage
- Melee Sharp Damage
- Melee Cooldown
- Door Opening Speed
- Rest Effectiveness
Jade veins occur rarely on most maps, and must be mined before they can be used. Jade can occasionally be found in random cargo pods, and may be purchased from bulk goods traders. Once you've completed the research necessary to construct a deep drill, it can also be found in small deposits underground.
Jade tiles have 1,500 health each, making them one of the faster ores to mine. They can be found in smaller veins, ranging from 2 to 8 tiles in size. Each mined block has a base yield of 40 jade, however this is modified by factors such as the Difficulty setting and the mining yield of the pawn.
Jade is relatively scarce and hard to find. It is best used for beauty.
The most efficient uses of jade are:
- Sculptures. Sculptures are very beautiful, and jade sculptures more so. A normal small sculpture costs 50 jade for +135 beauty, then modified by quality. Jade sculptures allow for very high beauty in 1 place.
- Fences. Each fence costs 1 jade, but gives +10 beauty. 50 jade would give +500 beauty. Until you can create masterwork sculptures, fences give more beauty per jade than any other item. They also have the advantage of being low wealth. Therefore, fences are great at raising a room's beauty (and thus room Impressiveness).
- However, jade fences consume a lot of space; they are worse than sculptures at raising the pawn beauty need. Colonists check for beauty within an 8-tile radius, and you can't easily fit 50 or so fences into a colonist's sight. In addition, the actual space constraint can be an issue for many base setups.
Jade has a surprisingly high Blunt damage rating. It is better than all materials short of uranium. However, the only blunt weapon that can be made out of jade is the club, which have no quality. Jade can be an acceptable material in the early game, as a jade club would be stronger than a normal quality steel mace, but improved access to both uranium and higher quality maces make them irrelevant by the mid-game.
Despite being unavailable for use in any Apparel in the current version, it has stats for armor and insulation.
- 0.17.1546 - no longer a small volume material.
- ? - vein size increased from 1-6 -> 2-8 and yield increased from 35 -> 40