Advanced spacer tech structural material. Plasteel is extremely strong due to its unique molecular structure.
- Stuff Category
- Stack Limit
- 0.25 kg
- Path Cost
- Terrain Affordance
- Beauty Factor
- Beauty Offset
- Work To Make Factor
- Work To Build Factor
- Max Hit Points
- Armor - Sharp
- Armor - Blunt
- Armor - Heat
- Insulation - Cold
- +3 °C (5.4 °F)
- Insulation - Heat
- +0 °C (0 °F)
- Melee Blunt Damage
- Melee Sharp Damage
- Melee Cooldown
- Door Opening Speed
- Rest Effectiveness
Plasteel is the strongest material in the game. Commonly used for high tech items, especially ship engines and other modules, which are needed to build a spaceship to escape the planet and win the game.
Can be obtained by
- disassembling a dead mechanoid,
- mining compacted plasteel deposits,
- using a deep drill on an underground plasteel vein,
- using a long-range mineral scanner to find plasteel ore deposits
Mechanoid raiders may also come with plasteel in their inventory, in addition to the amount you gain from shredding them.
Compacted plasteel tiles have 8,000 health each, making it the slowest ore to mine and the toughest object in-game. They can be found in smaller veins, ranging from 2 to 8 tiles in size. Each mined block has a base yield of 40 plasteel, however this is modified by factors such as the Difficulty setting and the mining yield of the pawn.
Plasteel is used in the following crafting recipes:
In addition, plasteel is a metallic material for buildings and items that use the stuff system. It can be used for walls, doors, and other buildings, in addition to longswords and other melee weapons. Plasteel has the highest HP and highest sharp damage of any material.
- The term "Plasteel" has been used in sci-fi as early as 1942 to describe materials with properties of both plastic and metal, including seminal works such as Dune and Star Wars.
- 1.1.2624 - Plasteel, and objects made from it, are no longer flammable.