A marine armor helmet, with a built-in status computer and layered plasteel-weave plates. Armor like this is often used by rapid-incursion space marines.
- Insulation - Cold
- 4 °C (7.2 °F)
- Insulation - Heat
- 2 °C (3.6 °F)
- Armor - Sharp
- Armor - Blunt
- Armor - Heat
- Head, Left Eye, Right Eye, Left Ear, Right Ear, Nose, Jaw
- Required Research
- Marine armor
- Skill Required
- Crafting 7
- Work To Make
- 21,000 ticks (5.83 mins)
Marine helmets can be crafted at a Fabrication bench once the Marine armor research project has been completed. They require 40 Plasteel, 1 Advanced component, 21,000 ticks (5.83 mins) of work, and a Crafting skill of 7.
|Raider Kind||Chance||Average Quality||Health|
Marine helmets are in the middle of the 3 power armors, stronger than the recon helmet, and weaker than the cataphract helmet. Unlike the simple helmet and flak helmet, all 3 power armors cover the full head. The marine helmet is roughly equivalent to a Recon Helmet of one quality level above (e.g. a Normal Marine Helmet ~= Good Recon Helmet), or a cataphract helmet one quality levels below.
The marine helmet only costs 10 plasteel more than a recon helmet. And unlike the body armors, helmets do not slow the wearer down. Therefore, there is little reason to make recon helmets over marine helmets, once Marine Armor has been researched.
Likewise, cataphract helmets only cost an additional 10 plasteel compared to marine. However, researching Cataphract armor requires 2 of its techprints. This can potentially be an issue; but once you can build cataphract helmets, there is little reason not to unless you already have a particularly high quality marine helmet.
For the full effects of qualities, see Quality.
|This article relates to content added by Ideology (DLC). Please note that it will not be present without the DLC enabled.|
Ideoligions allow the selection of styles which then change the texture of the certain items and buildings when constructed by the colony. These style variants can be crafted if the colony has the selected style, or can be looted from raiders from factions with the requisite style.
Every marine helmet found on an Imperial Grenadier will be green.
- 0.19/1.0 - it received a recipe change and a rename from Power helmet to Marine helmet.
- 1.1 - Received a buff to sharp protection (100% --> 106%) and blunt protection (36% --> 45%) and a nerf to heat protection (90% --> 54%).
- 1.1.2647 - No longer meets the clothing requirement of nobles, replaced in that role by Prestige marine helmet
- 1.2.2753 - Icons of spacer armor now display as off-white instead of dark gray.
- 1.3.3066 - Now spawns on new Imperial grenadiers.
- 1.3.? - Description changed to fix the lore inconsistency as Imperial Janissaries don't wear the helmet. "Armor like this is often used by imperial janissaries and rapid-incursion space marines." -> "Armor like this is often used by rapid-incursion space marines.".
- Prestige marine helmet - a variant of the marine helmet that both pleases nobles and improves psychic ability.