Overview & Obtaining
T-shirts are one of two shirts available in RimWorld, and are inferior to the button-down shirt. T-shirts can be purchased from traders, crafted, or stripped from Outlanders and Pirates.
As a complicated garment, t-shirts can only be made at tailoring benches, which requires complex clothing to be researched in order to be constructed. A t-shirt requires 40 of any textile, and 27 units of work.
Conclusion & Comparison
T-shirts are not particularly useful given that button-down shirts are a strict upgrade with only a minor increase in cost. Comparing the two options:
- T-shirts have the same armor values, but don't cover the arms or neck
- T-shirts offer slightly worse insulation from cold (22% vs. 26%)
- T-shirts require fewer textiles to craft (40 vs. 45) and take less work (27 vs. 45)
- Tribalwear offers identical armor and coverage
- Tribalwear has better insulation - cold (55% vs. 42%)
- Tribalwear has much better insulation - heat (55% vs. 18%)
- Tribalwear requires fewer textiles to craft (60 vs. 80) and takes significantly less work (30 vs. 54)
T-shirts offer a small amount of insulation from heat (10%) and a bit more insulation from cold (22%). The exact insulation in-game depends on the textile used and the quality of the crafted item. Assuming normal quality, a t-shirt offers: