As a body part from a sacred thrumbo and its exceptional carbon properties, the thrumbo horn has a fairly good damage output and an exceptional market value. However, much like the elephant tusk; the thrumbo horn will generally be outclassed by many melee weapons, with the DPS of a thrumbo horn about the same as a Poor quality plasteel longsword, or between a Superior and Excellent quality steel longsword.
This means that the thrumbo horn should only really be used as weapon if you've got no other decent melee weapons in your stockpile.
Thrumbo Horn vs. Comparable Weapons
This section goes over how well the thrumbo horn fares against comparable weapons (similar value, tech level or similar characteristics) in 1 vs. 1 combat.
- All testing is semi-automated which allows for large sample sizes to be gathered per set of results with ease
- All pawns have a skill level of 8 in melee
- No pawns have any traits that affect combat performance
- All pawns are of 18 years of age and completely healthy
Results in the table below are the percentages of battles that thrumbo horns either won or tied against the weapon listed in the first column of said table, with a sample size of 2,000 battles per result. Higher percentages are better.
The following armor categories are:
- Unarmored - Plainleather button-down shirt and plainleather pants
- Flak - Steel simple helmet, flak jacket, flak vest, plainleather button-down shirt and flak pants
- Marine - Marine helmet, marine armor, plainleather button-down shirt and plainleather pants
|Thrumbo horn vs.||Unarmored||Flak||Marine|