|This article relates to content added by Royalty (DLC). Please note that it will not be present without the DLC enabled.|
An ultratech staff threaded with psychic focusing materials. While it is a solid melee weapon, its main purpose is to enhance the wielder's psychic sensitivity and neural heat dissipation, allowing more use of psychic powers.
- Melee Attack 1
12 dmg (Blunt)
2.6 seconds cooldown
18% armor penetration
- Melee Average DPS
- Melee Average AP
- Has Quality
It is one of a set of eltex items with similar effects.
Eltex staffs cannot be crafted. Instead can be purchased from any combat supplier or war merchant or obtained as a quest reward. Additionally, Imperial Bestowers always spawn with an eltex staff.
Eltex staves improve the wielder's neural heat recovery rate by +0.083 heat/second, and increases Psychic Sensitivity by an additive amount dependent on quality. The increase in Psychic Sensitivity also increases the neural heat limit. The increases are shown in the table below:
Note that eltex staves are unable to be wielded by pawns incapable of violence.
Eltex staves are clearly meant for psycast focused characters, allowing for more casts. Despite its description claiming that "it is a solid melee weapon", the actual attack is weaker than a piece of wood.
With a full psycaster set (eltex robe, eltex shirt, eltex vest, eltex skullcap), your pawn will have little armor. It's a good idea to keep them in the back as a "support" pawn. You can also wear a shield belt without impacting psycasts.
|Eltex staff||Head (Blunt)||HP||Value|
For the full effects of qualities, see Quality.
- Note: This is the actual base average derived from the melee verb system updated in 1.1.2610, it may sometimes disagree with the listed value in the in-game infobox.
It may also change depending on the stats and the melee verbs available to the wielder
- Chance for attack to be selected, assuming only the weapon's attack verbs are considered. It may change depending on the melee verbs available to the wielder
- Royalty DLC Release - Added.
- 1.1.2647 - Renamed from Psyfocus staff to Eltex staff.
- 1.2.2719 - Psychic sensitivity now scales with quality.