Psychic Sensitivity is a stat: More sensitive people suffer more from negative psychic effects, and benefit more from positive ones. Higher psychic sensitivity also increases neural heat limit.
Psychic sensitivity acts as a scalar value for things such as Psychic Drones, some Psycasts , and a pawn's Neural Heat Limit. Some effects such as Psychic shock lances are toggled by psychic sensitivity only - if a pawn has a non-zero sensitivity the effect is applied and if they don't it is not, but no other modification to the effect from different levels exists.
Humans and Animals by default have a psychic sensitivity of 100%, centipedes 75%, and other mechanoids 50%.
|This section is suggested to be rewritten. Reason: Verify, expand, and cleanup. You can help RimWorld Wiki by improving it.|
|Name||Effect of Stat|
|Psychic Drones||Multiplier on moodlet|
|Psychic suppressor||Multiplier on lost Consciousness|
|Psychic animal pulser||N/A|
|Psychic insanity lance||Immunity at 0%. No other effect.|
|Psychic shock lance||Immunity at 0%. No other effect.|
|Psychic soothe pulser||Multiplier on moodlet|
|Psychic emanator||Multiplier on moodlet|
|Psychic reader||Multiplier on Negotiation Ability and Trade Price Improvement gains|
|Psychic harmonizer||Multiplier on applied moodlet, both positive and negative|
Multiplier on received moodlet, both positive and negative
|Neural Heat Limit||Multiplier on Limit|
|Psycasts [A]||Multiplier on duration (the target's sensitivity is used)|
- ^A This applies to most, but not all, psycasts that create effects on the pawn. The user's own psychic sensitivity has no effect on duration, unless the user is the target. See Psycasts for more information.
The following modifiers exist:
|Name||Type||Sensitivity Bonus||Neural Heat Limit [C]||Recovery Rate Bonus|
|Sight||Capacity||+0 – 50%[B]||+0 - 40||-|
|Psychic foil helmet||Apparel||−90%||−72||-|
|Prestige recon armor||Apparel||+5%||+4||+0.033|
|Prestige recon helmet||Apparel||+5%||+4||+0.033|
|Prestige marine armor||Apparel||+5%||+4||+0.033|
|Prestige marine helmet||Apparel||+5%||+4||+0.033|
|Prestige cataphract armor||Apparel||+5%||+4||+0.033|
|Prestige cataphract helmet||Apparel||+5%||+4||+0.033|
|Eltex shirt||Apparel||+5 – 15% [Q]||+4 – 12 [Q]||+0.033|
|Eltex vest||Apparel||+8 – 23% [Q]||+6 – 18 [Q]||+0.05|
|Eltex robe||Apparel||+10 – 30% [Q]||+8 – 24 [Q]||+0.083|
|Eltex helmet||Apparel||+8 – 23% [Q]||+6 – 18 [Q]||+0.066|
|Eltex skullcap||Apparel||+20 – 60% [Q]||+16 – 48 [Q]||+0.091|
|Eltex staff||Weapon||+25 – 75% [Q]||+20 – 60 [Q]||+0.083|
|Psychic Hypersensitizer persona weapon [A]||Weapon||+40%||+32||-|
|Psychic Sensitivity persona weapon [A]||Weapon||+20%||+16||-|
|Psychic Quiet persona weapon [A]||Weapon||−15%||−12||-|
|Psychic Fog persona weapon [A]||Weapon||−30%||−24||-|
|Neural Cooling persona weapon [A]||Weapon||-||-||+0.15|
|Blinded with blind psysense||Condition||+30%[D]||+24[D]||-|
|Psychic bonding||Gene||+5 – 10%[E]||+4 – 8[E]||-|
|Psychofluid pump||Deathrest building||+25 – 100% [DR]||+20 – 80 [DR]||+0.05 - 0.2|
- ^A Psychic sensitivity persona weapon traits are mutually exclusive with each other, but not with Neural Cooling. Persona traits appear on the following weapons: Persona monosword, Persona plasmasword, and Persona zeushammer
- ^B Sight capacity provides is a 1% bonus for each percentage point below 50% sight. i.e. 20% Sight results in a bonus of +30% psychic sensitivity, while total blindness at 0% Sight provides +50% sensitivity.
- ^C Neural heat limit increase from the increased psychic sensitivity, assuming psylink level 6.
- ^D Note that this stacks with the +50% to psychic sensitivity provided just by being having Sight of 0%, for a total of +80% to sensitivity and a +64 to neural heat limit.
- ^E When psychically bonded to a pawn, +10% to psychic sensitivity and +8 to neural heat limit while they are on the same map, otherwise +5% and +4.
- ^Q Value scales with Quality. 0.5x -> 0.66x -> 0.83x -> 1.00x -> 1.16x -> 1.32x -> 1.5x. Note that Normal quality is not 1.00x
- ^DR Each pump stacks additively, up to a maximum of 4 times.