Tame Animal Chance
|This article is a stub. You can help RimWorld Wiki by expanding it. Reason: Account for Ideoligion#Ranching precept inc effect but also order of operations.|
|This page has been suggested for recoding. Reason: Table with range of chances based on skill and animal wildness. You can help RimWorld Wiki by improving it.|
Tame Animal Chance is a Stat: The base chance this person will successfully tame an animal on any given attempt. The actual chance is also affected by the animal's wildness.
Failed tame attempt can induce animal attacks, especially for more vicious animals.
- Animals: 4% plus 3% per skill level.
- Manipulation: 50% importance, 20% allowed defect. 100% limit
- Talking: 90% importance, 20% allowed defect. 100% limit
- Hearing: 30% importance, 5% allowed defect. 100% limit
- Animal's Wildness: If the Wildness is 50%, the above holds true. If lower than 50%, the chance of taming is higher - double for an animal with 0% Wildness. If higher, the chance is lower - impossible for an animal with 100% Wildness.
- Minimum Handling Skill: Please note that the above applies after the minimum handling value. See example below:
Example: A tamer with 13 handling skill should have [4% base] + [3% x 13 competency = 39%] for total of 42% taming chance. However, it's very cold and she is suffering from hyperthermia, impairing her chance to tame animals as her teeth keep chattering [talking], knocking this down [-5%] to 37%. The Timber Wolf she wants to tame requires minimum skill of 8 so the first 8 levels of her skill are ignored, leaving only 5 levels that actually apply. The result is much lower taming change that otherwise expected [4% base] + [3% x 5 competency = 15%] -[- 5% talking] only 14% chance.