Move Speed is a Stat: Speed of movement in cells per second (c/s). A default Human has a base movement speed of 4.6 c/s.
|This section is a stub. You can help RimWorld Wiki by expanding it. Reason: How does Age/Childhood affect stat? Glucosoid pump. UV sensitivity genes. Check order of operations of each BEFORE adding.|
First of all the following offsets are applied to the Move Speed Base value.
- Jogger: +0.4 c/s
- Fast walker: +0.2 c/s
- Slowpoke: −0.2 c/s
- Minigun: −0.25 c/s
- Plate armor: −0.8 c/s
- Flak vest: −0.12 c/s
- Flak pants: −0.12 c/s
- Flak jacket: −0.12 c/s
- Marine armor: −0.4 c/s
- Burka : −0.4 c/s
- Grenadier armor : −0.4 c/s
- Prestige marine armor : −0.4 c/s
- Cataphract armor : −0.8 c/s
- Phoenix armor : −0.8 c/s
- Prestige cataphract armor : −0.8 c/s
- Very fast runner : +0.4 c/s
- Fast runner : +0.2 c/s
- Slow runner : −0.2 c/s
- Naked speed :
- Unclothed: +0.1 c/s
- Clothed: −0.2 c/s
The following factors are applied after the Offsets.
- Moving capacity: 100% importance, no allowed defect. No Max (effectively 311%).
- Go frenzy (inspiration): ×140%
- Light: Up to ×80% for light values of less than 30%. Pawns that are Blind, have the Lighting: Darklight preferred precept, or have the Dark vision gene are unaffected by this factor.
|This section is a stub. You can help RimWorld Wiki by expanding it. Reason: Path cost mechanics.|
The following factors do not show up in the pawn stat GUI and are applied after the Post factors.
|Floor||Move Speed Factor|
- Other terrain
- Chest-deep moving water: ×22%
- Marsh, Shallow ocean water, Shallow water and Shallow moving water: ×30%
- Marshy soil: ×46%
- Mud, Soft sand and Ice: ×52%
- Sand: ×76%
- Lichen-covered soil: ×81%
- Soil, Stony soil, Rich soil: ×87%
- Thin: ×76%
- Medium: ×62%
- Thick: ×52%
- Rain and Foggy rain: ×90%
- Rainy thunderstorm and Hard snow: ×80%
|This section is suggested to be rewritten. Reason: Genes. You can help RimWorld Wiki by improving it.|
Moving speed of a particular pawn can be calculated using the following formula:
Move speed = (Base value + Offsets) × Factors × External factors
Let us calculate how fast a human could possibly go. It would have the following values:
- Base value: 4.6 c/s
- Offset: +0.4 c/s (Jogger trait)
- Moving capacity: ×423% (Fibrous mechanites, Focus psycast, bionic heart, two archotech legs, high on luciferium, go-juice, wake-up and yayo, equipped with Fast mover persona weapon ).
- Go frenzy inspiration: ×140%
- External factor: ×100%
Move speed = (4.6 c/s + 0.4 c/s) × (4.23 × 1.4) × 1 = 29.61 c/s
- ↑ Be aware that it is not possible to achieve this speed in a short time as 3 hard drugs have a 100% chance of causing a Minor Overdose and reducing Consciousness by 50%. 0.042 Overdose Severity is lost every hour so you would need to wait 1 to 6-hours between drugs.
Offsets, such as the speed decrease from gear or traits, occurs before multiplicative factors such as Moving. So while a normal human moves at 4.6c/s, and a human in a flak vest moves at 4.48c/s for a difference of -0.12c/s, a pawn with 2 archotech legs would move at 6.9c/s while the same pawn in a flak vest would move at 6.72c/s for a difference of -0.18c/s. Similarly, jogger-traited human moves at 5.00c/s for a difference of 0.40/s compared to baseline, but a pawn with 2 archotech legs would move at 6.9c/s while the same pawn as a jogger would move at 7.50c/s for a difference of +0.60c/s.