Breathing is impaired by damaged lungs and neck. A character missing a lung has breathing reduced by 50% but can still survive. Without lungs, all breathing ceases and the organism will die. Lungs can be harvested and transplanted from other humans.
Breathing bears a small weight in the consciousness and movement capacities, hence why asthmatics will be slightly slower than healthy colonists.
|Consciousness||Capacity||0.2||1||The state or quality of awareness. A pawn loses consciousness when this falls below 30%, and dies when this reaches 0%.|
|Moving||Capacity||0.2||-||How well a character can move around. Directly affected by consciousness.|
|Rest Rate Multiplier||Stat||0.3||-||A multiplier on how quickly a creature rests while sleeping.|
The following factors affect Breathing.
- Lung part efficiency. 50% importance per lung, no allowed defect. No Max.
- Neck part efficiency. 100% importance, no allowed defect. No Max.
- Ribcage part efficiency. 100% importance, no allowed defect. No Max.
- Sternum part efficiency. 100% importance, no allowed defect. No Max.
The following offsets affect Breathing.
- Luciferium high: +10%
- Infection extreme (advanced): −5%
- Minor: −10%
- Major: −15%
- Extreme: −20%
- Plague extreme (advanced): −15%