Melee Dodge Chance
Melee Dodge Chance is a Stat: Chance to dodge a melee attack that would've otherwise hit. Characters will not dodge while aiming or firing a ranged weapon.
First, a base score, which we'll call M, is computed by adding up Melee skill and a few other modifiers:
- Melee: skill level (0 to 20)
- Moving: 1800% importance. No Max.
- For example, each bionic leg gives +12.5% or +0.125 Moving, which at 18x yields +2.25.
- Sight: 800% importance, 140% limit
- For example, one bionic eye and one normal eye gives 118.75% Sight, and .1875 x 8 yields +1.5.
The base score M is used to produce the net Melee Dodge Chance, as follows:
- If M < 5, Dodge Chance = 0%
- If 5 ≤ M ≤ 20, Dodge Chance = 2 * (M-5)
- 0% ≤ Dodge Chance ≤ 30% when 5 ≤ M ≤ 20
- If 20 ≤ M ≤ 60, Dodge Chance = 30 + 0.5 * (M-20)
- If M > 60, Dodge Chance = 50%
In a single formula you can graph:
- Dodge Chance percentage = min(50, max(0, (M-5) * 2 - max(0, (M-20) * 1.5)))
In other words, 20 is a "soft cap" for the modified melee base score: exceeding that yields 1/4 the benefit. For a normal pawn with melee 5, replacing a leg with an archotech leg would yield +4.5 base score and +9% dodge chance; but if it had melee 20, then the new leg would yield only +2.25% dodge chance. And then there's a hard cap at 50% dodge chance.
A maxed-out pawn with two archotech eyes (150% Sight, capped at 140% -> +3.2 base chance), two archotech legs and a bionic heart (158% Moving -> +10.44 base chance), the Nimble trait (+15), and level 20 melee has a base dodge chance of M=48.64 and a resulting Melee Dodge Chance of 44.32%. Go-juice raises it to 49%. Adding in luciferium, wake-up, and fibrous mechanites yields M=73.5, which would translate into a 56.75% dodge chance if not for the hard cap at 50%.