Uranium slug turret
|This article is suggested to be rewritten. Reason: Format standardisation You can help RimWorld Wiki by improving it.|
Uranium slug turret
An armor-piercing turret. Its ultra-dense uranium shells can punch through heavy armor, but it requires new uranium slugs to be loaded after use. It's more accurate at longer ranges, and can't fire at all close up. May explode when damaged.
- 2 ˣ 2
- pass through only
- Cover Effectiveness
- Terrain Affordance
- -150 W
- 55 dmg
- Armor penetration
- 0 ticks (0 secs)
- 240 ticks (4 secs)
- 45.9 tile(s)
- Minimum Range
- 11.9 tiles
- 22% - 33% - 44% - 95%
- 120 (m/s)
- Burst Count
- 1 (per burst)
The uranium slug turret is a defensive turret with very long range and shot damage, but with a wide blind zone.
Uranium slug turrets use uranium slug cannons. The shot is very powerful, over twice that of a sniper rifle. Armor penetration is also excellent, able to completely ignore the armor of a centipede. However, their stopping power is almost non-existent, unable to stagger humans. The uranium slug turret has a very long range of 45.9 tiles, and is quite accurate - 98% accuracy per tile, vs. 96% for other bullet-firing turrets, but they can not shoot targets within 11.9 tiles. Interestingly, it is more accurate at long ranges than short ranges. Raw DPS is weaker than the autocannon turrets, but this is before considering armor pentration, range, or the uranium slug's higher damage per shot, which is more likely to destroy organs.
Despite the game displaying (as of version 1.3.3117) that turrets benefit from cover, empirical testing demonstrates that this is false, and that uranium slug turrets do not benefit from cover at all.
- 60 uranium in Peaceful and Base Builder difficulty
- 90 uranium in Adventure Story difficulty
- 120 uranium in Strive to Survive difficulty and above
As uranium slug turrets are large 2x2 structures, ranged attacks are twice as accurate against them. Like all turrets, they are disabled by sources of EMP. They have a chance to explode when they drop below 20% health, dealing damage to everything in a large radius.
Uranium slug turrets are expensive, from research time to build costs to ammo costs. Uranium is difficult to come by and expensive to buy, limiting colonies that can even use one at all. The damage, while high, is overkill against most raiders, making it impractical against most enemies. It works well against centipedes or radiers with power armor.
Unlike the mini-turret, uranium slug turrets can not be moved after it is built.
- 0.19.2009 - Added.
- 1.1.0 - received a massive nerf to damage (75 -> 30), nerf to armor penetration (112.5% -> 70%), reduced range (49.9 -> 39.9), increased reload cost (60 -> 80 baseline) and nerf to shooting accuracy (98.8% -> 98%).
- 1.1.2618 - received a buff to damage (30 -> 45), increased range (39.9 -> 45.9), increased reload cost (80 -> 120) and reduced magazine capacity (40 -> 30).
- 1.1.2624 - received a buff to damage (45 -> 50), buff to armor penetration (70% -> 75%), and reduced reload cost (120 -> 90).
- 1.3.3200 - Damage increased from 50 to 55. Accuracy increased: touch 0.2 -> 0.22, short 0.3 -> 0.33, medium 0.4 -> 0.44.