|This article is a stub. You can help RimWorld Wiki by expanding it. Reason: Please add a reason.|
A slow-growing plant which yields herbal medicine when harvested. Sowing and harvesting healroot are both very labor-intensive tasks because of its delicate shoots.
Healroot was selectively bred for centuries by settlers. It is sometimes also called "healer's hand" by tribespeople - a nickname it owes to its five major medicinal virtues.
- Time to grow
- 7 days
- Work to Sow
- 800 ticks (13.33 secs)
- Work to Harvest
- 400 ticks (6.67 secs)
- 8 Plants
- Min Fertility
- Fertility Sensitivity
- Min light to grow
- Ground, Hydroponic
Healroot is a plant that can be sown in growing zones or hydroponics basins and yields herbal medicine. Sowing healroot requires a minimum growing skill of 8, but any colonist capable of plant cutting can harvest them.
Each healroot plant yields 1 herbal medicine when fully grown. Harvesting it early results in a chance of failing to receive anything from the harvest even though it is not marked as failed.
It may be worth walling off your healroot, as wildlife is more than inclined to consume it, literally chewing up your herbal medicine production. A herd of Thrumbos (or even a single one for that matter) will be destructive to your Healroot farm if left unprotected.
There is a variety that can be found naturally growing in temperate forests, temperate swamps, boreal forests, cold bogs, and tundra, known as Wild healroot. Wild healroot is statistically identical to normal healroot, except it cannot be cultivated manually and instead spawns in the wild.
Healroot matures slowly (see table, below). Take note that 1 Healroot plant, when mature, produces 1 herbal medicine while a fight can easily cause a half-dozen injuries to a colonist, or more for a particularly long fight. Consider planting larger healroot zones; a few too many is better than too few, and besides, many traders value them.
- Maximum growth temperature 58 °C (136.4 °F)
- Minimum growth temperature 0 °C (32 °F)
- All Healroots survive -29 °C (-20.2 °F)
- The first Healroots die at
- Some Healroots die around
- Every 2nd died around
- Most Healroots die around
- All Healroots die around
See table below for grow rates...
|Ground Type||Gravel||Soil||Rich Soil||Hydroponics|
|Real Grow Time (days)||18.46||12.92||9.23||4.61|
- Actual days to grow, taking into account rest time.
- Per plant, assuming Crop Yield Multiplier of 1.0.
Note that Difficulty settings change the Crop Yield Multiplier.
- 0.8.657 - Can be farmed and refined into herbal medicine. Added as Xerigium.
- 0.13.1135 - Name changed from Xerigium to Healroot and sprite changed
- Beta 19/1.0 - Grow days 6.5 -> 12, sow and harvest work increased significantly. Min fertility 50% -> 100%.
- 1.3.3066 - Nutrition increased from 0.15 -> 0.2