Smokeleaf leaves prepared in small rolls for smoking. The drug improves mood, but also increases appetite, reduces focus and slows movement. Smokeleaf use can produce a dependency. Can be produced without equipment, at a crafting spot.
The Smokeleaf joint is a drug of low addiction rate that can be crafted on a crafting spot using 4 Smokeleaf leaves (but does not improve Crafting skill) from early stage as it doesn't require any research (unlike other drugs). Crafting speed is determined by the Drug Cooking Speed stat which is based on the Cooking skill. The joint can also be crafted at a Drug lab at a higher speed. Consumption has the following effects:
- A one-time change in needs:
- Whole-body "Stoned on smokeleaf" effect for, initially, 12 hours (the actual duration depends on the developed smokeleaf tolerance):
- High on smokeleaf, a +13 mood thought bound to the "Stoned on smokeleaf" effect and lasting as long
- Whole-body "Smokeleaf tolerance" effect: +3%, capped at 100%
Consumption of one smokeleaf joint every 2 days will not cause dependency. If smoked more often, and the smokeleaf tolerance reaches 15% or more, then consumption has a 2% chance to create addiction. Those with visible tolerance will develop asthma or carcinoma in the lungs in a mean time of 180 days.
The default drug policy is set to "Social drugs", which, by default, allows colonists to smoke a toke whenever they feel like it for joy and social purposes.
- Mood -20
- Consciousness: -20%
- Moving: -15%
Long-term effects and duration unknown
- If a colonist's consciousness is currently below 30%, smoking a joint can be fatal.
In version 1.0 the effect of the mood buff was decreased from 15 to 13.