Kibble animal feed made from mixed meat and plant sources.
- Stack Limit
- 0.015 kg
- Deterioration Rate
- Path Cost
- Skill Required
- Work To Make
- 450 ticks (
Kibble is a kind of animal feed. It can only be made by a cook at a butcher spot or butcher table. No minimum cooking skill is required to create it. The recipe requires 1 unit of nutrition from vegetarian items and 1 unit of nutrition from meat and/or animal products. A completed bill produces 50 kibble at a butcher table, but only 35 at a butcher spot.
Kibble restores only 0.05 saturation each, but up to 20 can be consumed in one sitting. Kibble never spoils (though it can degrade if left outdoors), so kibble is a long-term and easily stored way to feed a large number of animals.
Cooking kibble requires 450 ticks ( of work for 50 units.
Producing Kibble requires 2.0 units of nutrition for ingredients and yields 2.5 units of nutrition as a result -- a 25% net nutrition gain. This isn't very good compared to simple meals (80% net nutrition gain) or pemmican (60% net nutrition gain), however:
- You can use hay for the vegetable ingredient. Haygrass is the fastest growing plant in terms of nutrition / day, but can't be consumed (directly) by humans.
- Producing kibble is a great way to use human and insect meat without worrying about your colonists eating it. Animals don't mind eating human or insect meat.
- Kibble can be used for animal training, contrarily to other transformed foods.
- Kibble never spoils, so you don't have to worry about it going bad from non-refrigeration.
- Kibble is much less affected by overeating rounding error than meals (though not pemmican), which is especially significant on animals with lower body sizes.
- Kibble requires substantially less work time than other recipes, and can be done at a butcher's table rather than requiring a fueled/powered kitchen.
- Since there is no chance for food poisoning, producing kibble is a safe way to train a no/low skill cook.
Humans can eat kibble, but they'll get a -12 "Ate kibble" mood penalty. This is the only way for humans to eat hay. Note that if a human pawn eats Kibble made with insect or human meat they will get both the negative moodlet from eating kibble and from eating insect / human meat.
- 0.13.1135 - Added.