|This article relates to content added by Biotech (DLC). Please note that it will not be present without the DLC enabled.|
|This article is a stub. You can help RimWorld Wiki by expanding it. Reason: General.|
A reserve of biological strength which can be gained and spent in a variety of ways. Hemogen can be increased by bloodfeeding from a human or consuming hemogen packs. You can obtain hemogen packs using the 'extract hemogen pack' medical operation on a non-hemogenic human. If hemogen reaches zero, [they] will become very unhappy.— Hemogen description
Hemogen is a measure of the need and reserves of hemogenic pawns to fuel their bodies and abilities.
A pawn's current hemogen total and their maximum hemogen is displayed in a gizmo to the right of their info pane when the pawn is selected. The current hemogen total can be increased by consuming hemogen as detailed below, and is reduced through daily decay and use of abilities. The maximum hemogen is the cap on how much hemogen a pawn can hold. Any hemogen consumed that would put the total over this value is wasted. By default the maximum is 100 but pawns that can deathrest can increase it through the use hemopumps at at a rate of +25 per pump.
The gizmo also allows the selection of target value by left clicking on the bar, displayed as a white line over the bar hemogen packs or bloodfeed from prisoners designated for bloodfeeding to reach that value The use of hemogen packs can be toggled on or off by clicking the icon, with a indicating that the pawn will consume packs to reach their target, while a indicates that they will not.- the pawn will then automatically attempt to consume
|This section is a stub. You can help RimWorld Wiki by expanding it. Reason: 1) Bloodfeeding a) from colonists/slaves b) from prisoners (when they do it etc) 2) Hemogen packs 3) Hemogen gain multiplier.|
Hemogen is lost through 3 methods.
- Decay - where a certain amount of hemogen is lost per day
- Abilities - where a certain amount of hemogen is consumed to perform an specific task, and which cannot be performed without the requisite hemogen
- Entering into a regenerative coma from the Deathless gene while having the Deathrest gene - where any remaining hemogen is lost, but none is required to place the pawn in the coma in the first place.
Pawns with the hemogenic gene decay at -2 per day.
Pawns with the hemogen drain gene decay at an addition -8 per day, for a total of -10 per day.
While the rates are known, it is currently unknown when or in what quantity this decrement occurs.
Due to a lack of hemogen, this person's body is breaking down hemogen reserves in their bone marrow. This causes disorientation and a painful craving for human blood.— Description
When a hemogenic pawns hemogen reserves hit 0, they begin having a craving for hemogen. This craving inflicts increasingly severe mood, pain, and consciousness penalties. Once hemogen is over 0, the severity of the craving gradually decays until it disappears.
While a pawn hemogen value is 0, their hemogen craving severity at a rate of +5% per hour. While the rate is known, it is currently unknown when or in what increment this severity increase occurs.
|Label||Severity||Time from 0 Hemogen||Time to 0%
|Minor||>0% and ≤34%||0 ticks (0 in-game hours)||8,750 ticks (3.5 in-game hours)||−10||− 5%||90% Max|
|Moderate||≥35% and ≤69%||17,500 ticks (7 in-game hours)||17,500 ticks (7 in-game hours)||−15||−10%||80% Max|
|Major||≥70% and ≤100%||35,000 ticks (14 in-game hours)||50,000 ticks (20 in-game hours)||−20||−15%||50% Max|
Note: Mood penalty does not include the penalty from pain.
- Biotech DLC Release - Introduced.
- 1.4.3530 - Added a toggle to the hemogen gizmo which allows configuration of whether or not a pawn can ingest hemogen packs to satisfy the desired hemogen level.
- 1.4.3531 - Fix: AI sanguophages can use longjump without any remaining hemogen.
- 1.4.3555 - Fix: Bloodfeeders sometimes do not ingest all taken hemogen packs, depending on food need level. Added a toggle to the hemogen gizmo which allows configuration of whether or not a pawn can ingest hemogen packs to desired hemogen level - Note this is essentially a duplicate of the change from 1.4.3530, it is currently unclear whether this is an error, whether there is a difference, or whether the change was reverted and re-added latter.