Finished tutorials should be in this category. Once they are in this category, they are considered (unofficially) official.
The main Modding Tutorials page is Modding Tutorials.
Tutorials should thoroughly cover a subject and provide step-by-step directions. However, modding tutorials should not cover an unusual amount of information. For example, you can cover a tutorial on how to make a door or large gate, but you should not cover a tutorial on how to make a giant, multilayer animated powered gate that enemies directly shoot and throw grenades at and can be opened and closed manually via a context menu and has a customizable schedule on when it should automatically open and close. You should not make a tutorial on that here; you are better off releasing a heavily documented version on the forums.
Pages in category "Modding tutorials"
The following 42 pages are in this category, out of 42 total.
- Modding Tutorials
- Modding Tutorials/Assembly Modding Example
- Modding Tutorials/Assets
- Modding Tutorials/Compatibility with defs
- Modding Tutorials/Custom Comp Classes
- Modding Tutorials/Decompiling source code
- Modding Tutorials/Def classes
- Modding Tutorials/DefModExtension
- Modding Tutorials/Distribution
- Modding Tutorials/First Steps
- Modding Tutorials/Folder structure
- Modding Tutorials/Furniture
- Modding Tutorials/GameComponent
- Modding Tutorials/Hello World
- Modding Tutorials/Linking XML and C
- Modding Tutorials/Mod folder structure
- Modding Tutorials/Modifying classes
- Modding Tutorials/Modifying defs
- Modding Tutorials/ModSettings
- Modding Tutorials/PatchOperations
- Modding Tutorials/Recommended software
- Modding Tutorials/Setting up a solution
- Modding Tutorials/Smelter
- Modding Tutorials/Sounds
- Modding Tutorials/Testing mods
- Modding Tutorials/ThingComp
- Modding Tutorials/ThingDef
- Modding Tutorials/Troubleshooting
- Modding Tutorials/Weapons
- Modding Tutorials/Weapons Guns
- Modding Tutorials/Writing custom code
- Modding Tutorials/XML Defs
- Modding Tutorials/XML file structure