This tutorial suggests steps to take when releasing your mod.
- (Optional): This tutorial requires you to have set up a solution.
- (Optional): You will have to have written code (there's no use in an empty project).
- Compile all your DLLs and make sure they're in the Assemblies folder;
- Make a copy of your mod and call it (YourModName)-DEV or something along those lines. Strip all files standard users won't need out of the standard version:
- The Source folder is mostly useless for standard mod users;
- Backups of older versions of textures and such can be removed from the standard version;
- Make sure to remove as many XML comments as you want, don't leave spoilers in there for your upcoming updates!
- Update your About folder, that thing was made in a hurry anyways. Add a nice Preview.png to showcase your mod:
- Make sure you've updated the targetVersion tag,
- Optional: Release your source code.
- Some mods include the Source folder with the full C# project in it for other modders to check out;
- Some mods include a Dropbox download link to their source code in the mod's topic. This is also a possibility,
- Take a look at the "Mod release rules" Thread;
- Along with that, this Thread has tips on host sites and further naming conventions.