Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article is a stub. You can help RimWorld Wiki by expanding it. Reason: Please add a reason.|
|This page could use some more or updated images. You can help RimWorld Wiki by uploading images to make this page better. Note: Please provide a note or a reason .|
Gases are a class object that behaves in a certain way. There are currently three gasses:
Gasses have a concentration of 1-100%. This is calculated for each tile that contains gas.
Gas slowly dissolves into normal air and will disappear when the concentration reaches 0%. Different weapons have different mechanics when it comes to creating gas.
Gases can travel through vents.[Details]
Things that increase the concentration of the gas
- Releasing more gas with weapons or traps
Things that block gas
Things that do not influence the gas concentration or dissolve speed
Although gases can spread to neighbouring tiles, (it seems) they can only do this to a certain extent.
Further testing is needed:
- When two/three pawns fire at the same time, will the volume of the cloud be bigger than if only pawn fires?
- Walls seem to 'absorb' gas. In a narrow and wide corridor the gas dissolves at an equal speed. In the narrow one it barely reaches further.
- Rot stink might have slightly different mechanics. In earlier tests it seemed to reach a higher concentration in enclosed spaces. This is probably unrelated to the roof, but rather to being in a small area where it can not spread to dissolve equally fast as it was being created by the rotting corpse.
- Effect of open doors is not known yet.