Colonists can build the following security structures to help protect the colony from harm:
|Sandbags||Improvised turret||Incendiary mortar||Mortar||EMP mortar||Deadfall trap||IED trap||IED incendiary trap|
A security construction is a building your colonists can build that helps protect your colony.
Types of security structures:
- Sandbags - Provide good cover, excellent for defensive firing positions.
- Improvised turret - Medium-range automatic machine gun. Best when placed to cover common entry points, but requires power.
- Mortars - Long-range and very damaging but require ammunition, have long warmup and cooldown times, and are highly inaccurate.
- Traps - Passive structures that inflict a one-time injury. Some can be rearmed, others are single-use. Colonists and friendlies will try to avoid them, and enemies can avoid a trap once their faction has learned of its position. As of Alpha 15 (August 28st, 2016), chance to spring known traps is reduced from 2.5% to 0.4%.
|Name||HP||Work to Make||Metal Cost||Power Consumption||Flammable||Blocks LoS||Path Cost||Manned||Beauty||Has Gun||Range||Accuracy||Req. Research|
|Steel improvised turret *||150||42||160||350||100%||0%||50||No||-60||LMG||25.9||3||Yes (Gun turrets)|
|Steel incendiary mortar *||180||45||150||-||100%||0%||50||Yes||-60||Incendiary Mortar||500||0.06-0.79||Yes (Mortars)|
|Steel mortar *||180||45||150||-||100%||0%||50||Yes||-60||Mortar||500||0.06-0.79||Yes (Mortars)|
| Steel EMP
|180||45||150||-||100%||0%||50||Yes||-60||EMP Mortar||500||0.06-0.79||Yes (Mortars)|
| Steel deadfall
|IED incendiary trap||40||84||50||-||100%||0%||40||No||-4||-||0||-||Yes|
* Values given only for steel structures but can be made of other materials with different properties.