Welcome to RimWorld Wiki! The following help section is created and edited by wiki users, just like the rest of the wiki.
Experienced with RimWorld, but new to wikis?
- A wiki is designed to allow every user to edit its content. If you see something you think could be improved about the RimWorld Wiki, improve it! Just click the "edit" tab at the top of most pages to edit their contents. You may have to create an account or log in before you'll see the "edit" tab - but it's free and takes under a minute to do.
- Don't be afraid to edit. Part of the wiki system is an integrated version tracking system, so there's never a risk of losing something. If you make a mistake, you or someone else can easily fix it - so take the initiative and make a change if you think it's useful. (Tip: when editing, you can also use the "Preview" button to check how the page will look before you save it!)
- If you need a basic guide to the formatting syntax used for editing pages, take a look at the Basics help page.
- If you want to experiment with wiki code someplace other than an actual article page, you can use your own userpage, or the shared sandbox page.
- Once you feel comfortable with Wiki markup, feel free to start adding your RimWorld knowledge to the many articles or take a look at the things to do list.
Experienced with wikis, but new to RimWorld?
- The RimWorld Wiki is designed to be a reference for all things RimWorld-related. Feel free to create articles on topics as you encounter them, and of course to use the RimWorld Wiki as a helpful guide to your RimWorld experience.
- If you've worked with Media-wiki's before, then all of the standard formatting will be familiar.
New to everything?
- The best way to find information is going to a random page. You’ll probably find something interesting! You can also just click the random page button on the left side of all pages.
- Another way to find information you're looking for is the Main Page, or using the search box at the top of the page (Note: clicking ↵ Enter will try to go to a page with the exact name you entered - if you want to look for keywords, click on the "containing..." option in the list instead!).
- If you don't find what you're looking for, remember that the RimWorld Wiki is made up of articles contributed by its users - it might just be that no one has written about that topic yet! So create one!
- If you want to contribute (perhaps you found a topic that didn't have any info when you were looking for it, and now you know more about it), go for it! The Mediawiki editing help page and Formatting help page have the basics of how to use wiki formatting, and you can edit any page just by clicking the "edit" link at the top. If you want to create a new page, just type the name in the search box on the top right and click Enter - if it doesn't exist, you'll be given the option to edit it as new page.
- Enjoy your exploration of RimWorld!