Sculptures are pieces of art made at a sculptor's table that add (or not) beauty to any room they're in once they are installed. A finished piece of art gets a quality that affects the beauty and market value.
The artist's skill is a driving factor in the quality of the sculpture. Sculptures can be reinstalled or uninstalled. Sculptures may be deconstructed to salvage 75% of its materials. If a sculpture job is interrupted for any reason the sculptor will drop the piece on the table, and it will be in an unfinished state until the same author finishes it. A sculptor cannot work on another sculptor's piece. The inspect pane indicates the name of the piece's sculptor and how much work is remaining. The stockpile filter includes an entry for unfinished sculptures (under >Items >Unfinished) which allows the player to control where they are stored if keeping them by the table becomes an inconvenience. The piece will be named under a title and although same titles can be used, the storylines will differ ex. File:Blue Forest.png vs File: Blue Forest alt 1.png.
Sculptures come in three sizes:
- Small sculptures require 70 materials or 700 small volume materials (silver, gold, uranium, or jade).
- Large sculptures require 135 materials or 1350 small volume materials (silver, gold, uranium, or jade).
- Grand sculptures require 260 materials or 2600 small volume materials (silver, gold, uranium, or jade). Although the grand size occupies 2x2 tiles, the beauty of the piece is attributed to one of the four tiles only.
On each individual page is a table detailing statistics on sculptures.
|sculptures||Materials||Beauty (Normal)||Max HP||Work to make||Value (Normal)||Beauty/work||Value/Work||Value/Material|
|Quality||Base Beauty Modifier|
Each sculpture has it's own semi-randomly generated story based on past events in the colony and pre-written story segments. These stories tend to contain any of the following:
- A past event occurring in or to the colony
- A seemingly random event with no relation to the colony
- A border to the art
- A texture
- A design style
- A location
The events sometimes depicted in the story can be about any of the following that occurred in the colony's history:
- landing in drop pods
- artwork created
- struck ore
- person captured
- person recruited
- animal trained
- animal hunted
- surgery done
- someone was on fire
- someone went psychotic
- someone gave up
Alternatively, they can contain something random, without relating to any events in the colony at all.