Welcome to LaMizzy user page!
This page will be my Scribble Pad, where I randomly drop notes that assists me with this RimWorld Wiki development.
Feel free to leave me messages in my Discussion Page, and I will reply you as soon as I can.
Whenever I am online actively editing the wiki, I will be logged in to the IRC channel. Find me there~
- MediaWIKI Help
- MediaWIKI Component
- MediaWIKI Manual
- MediaWIKI Transclusion
- Semantic MediaWiki User Manual
- Active User List (Last 30 Days) : 30
- Color Codes for Templates : should consider migrating this info...
- My Lab Rat Test Page
- Official Forum : Wiki Thread
- Reddit : Wiki Thread
- Reddit : Wiki Quickstart Guide Thread
- Reddit : Concerning The Community (Wiki)
My Wiki Style
How I see the Wiki structure...
- Templates (follow format suggested in Template:Documentation#Usage)
- Static Information (ex. Menu / Navigation)
- Styling (ex. Infobox)
- Administration (ex. To-Do Page)
Category need to be structured for both Administration, Content, and File.
Templates should only contain design and formatting, and never contain data unless its Static Information.
Templates should always use named parameters when creating/editing the template AND during usage of the template.
Template parameters should always include default value.
Pages should only contain contents, and should prevent any inline design or formatting.
Files should be kept updated with history intact. So one should update the file instead of creating a new file to replace an existing one.
I personally dislike the use of sub-pages, however they have their place...
To Be Completed
- RimWorld_Wiki:To-do must be revived!
- combine template Template:TOCleft and Template:TOCright
- optional toggle = position (left, centre, right), initial state (expanded, collapsed)
- need discussion : Category:Version structure is messy, need overhaul
- Upcoming_features and List_of_known_bugs content need verification and update...
- 11:05, 3 October 2015 (UTC) : updated Template:Delete, Template:Obsolete and their associated pages
- 05:17, 3 October 2015 (UTC) : updated Template:T, Template:T/piece and their associated pages
- 05:41, 26 September 2015 (UTC) : updated Version#Complete_Version_List with table
- 05:41, 26 September 2015 (UTC) : updated all individual version pages
- 05:41, 26 September 2015 (UTC) : created Template:VersionFrame
This is my vision/structure for RimWorld Wiki, how pages are layered and connected...
Wiki Guideline Outline Proposal
- Naming Convention
- Category Names: Camel Case (with space)
- Template Names: CamelCase (without space)
- File Names: snake_case (all lower case with space, wiki automatically turn space to '_')
- Page Names: snake_case (all lower case with space, wiki automatically turn space to '_')
- Template : what needs to be included when creating/editing template
- Template Doc
- Category : what needs to be included when creating/editing category pages
- Pages : what needs to be included when creating/editing pages
- navigation bars : identify what kind of navigation standard that must be included
- header level usage...