Turrets are automatic defenses that fire at enemies within range. They require power to operate, and after firing require reloading or barrel changes that consume resources; this cost is dependent on difficulty.
There are six constructable varieties:
- Mini-turret - weak and short ranged but small and cheap. Uses the mini-turret gun. Also found defending faction bases.
- Autocannon turret - powerful and fast firing with a medium range and cost. Uses the autocannon.
- Uranium slug turret - slow firing and costly but with very high damage, range and accuracy. Uses the uranium slug cannon.
- Foam turret - an unmanned but pawn-activated turret that automatically targets and fires firefoam at any fires in range.
- Rocketswarm launcher - an unmanned but pawn-activated turret that fires a barrage of 12 rockets at a player designated point in range.
- Mortar - a manned turret-like structure that requires no power and fires explosive mortar shell that must be crafted, bought, or scavenged. Powerful with a map wide range that ignores LoS, but inaccurate and slow.
Additionally, there are also:
- Auto inferno turret - defends Mechanoid clusters. Always hostile, never needs rearming. Uses a turret specific variant of the inferno cannon.
- Auto charge turret - defends Mechanoid clusters. Always hostile, never needs rearming. Uses the light charge blaster.
- Mini-slugger turret - defends Mechanoid clusters. Always hostile, never needs rearming. Uses the mini-slugger.
- Auto mortar - defends Mechanoid clusters. Always hostile, never needs rearming. Fires a projectile like the mortar but is otherwise more similar to the other mechanoid turrets.