Pack Animals refer to animals that you can bring along on a caravan to carry extra weight. The current pack animals in the game are Alpacas, Bison, Donkeys, Dromedaries, Elephants, Horses, Muffalo, and Yaks. Below you will see a table that will help you decide what will be the most appropriate pack animal for you.
|Animal||Weight Capacity (Kg)||Mass (Kg)||Health Scale||Melee DPS||Hunger Rate||Wildness||Riding Speed|
- Thrumbos can also be ridden, providing a speed factor of 1.6 to their rider, though they will refuse to carry packs.
- All of the current pack animals in the game are herbivorous. As a result, provided the season and terrain allow, they can sustain themselves through grazing while in a caravan.
- The higher the hunger rate, the more the animal eats, Be careful about bringing many animals or large animals such as Elephants on long winter trips when it is too cold for them to graze.
- The more weight you add to the caravan, the slower it'll move. A caravan at maximum weight capacity moves at half the speed of an unladen one.
- You need to take into account the distance you're going, and the return trip's length and bring food accordingly for your colonists and animals.
- Horses offer the fastest speed as well as boasting 84kg of weight limit as well as only 0.68 hunger rate, arguably making them the best pack animal.