Modding Tutorials/Plague Gun (old)/Required Items
|Modding Tutorials/Plague Gun (old)/Required Items has been deprecated or removed completely from the game; it is no longer applicable to current versions. Reason: This page is obsolete for the current version of RimWorld and is kept as a resource for modders of previous versions. For the current version see: Plague Gun (1.1)|
|This article is suggested to be merged with Modding Tutorials/Plague Gun (old). |
Reason: Consider merging into single page
This tutorial was originally written by Jecrell. Thread.
|Notepad++ or Atom or Sublime Text or VSCode||Use any text editor that allows you to edit XML files and use "Find in Files" for referencing.|
|Visual Studio Community||Use this or any other C# compiler to turn scripts into .dll files that RimWorld can use.|
|dnSpy or ILSpy||This is for referencing the game's decompiled C# scripts.|
Rimworld Mod Development Cookiecutter
This is a tool for developers to begin mods more quickly, eliminating the overhead of setting up a new project.
Editors note: Unlike the linked tutorial I don't recommend the cookiecutter, for the following reasons.
- The cookiecutter is still on B18.
- This tutorial is about understanding the basics of modding first. You can cut corners later.
- Setting up the cookiecutter is surprisingly error prone for beginners.
- It's more time-consuming to adjust the very specific environment it sets up to suit your tastes than it is to set up an environment from scratch.
- It's difficult to fix errors of which you don't know the cause.
- Required Items <- You are here.
- XML Stage
- Connecting XML and C#
- C# Assembly Setup
- C# Coding