Main Page Edit Copy
The main page is protected to stop vandalism. There is an edit copy that you can make changes to:
If you need adjustments to the templates or format, contact me on the wiki editor Discord.
ShySkream (talk) 09:48, 15 October 2022 (UTC)
Outdated Main Page Sublists
Recommending the following changes
- Menu sublist - Change Restrict to Schedule
- Gameplay sublist - Add Quality after Firefighting, Quests before Research, Rooms after Research
Deadgye (talk) 18:23, 31 August 2021 (UTC)
- Hows that? Harakoni (talk) 22:47, 31 August 2021 (UTC)
- Looks good to me. It could be cleaned up in the future by combining Combat, Cover, Defense, and Drafting; Caravan and Trade; and Environment and Rooms. But major changes to those pages to support that would have to happen first. If I get another bad bout of insomnia maybe I'll attempt that. Deadgye (talk) 15:36, 1 September 2021 (UTC)
It would be nice to have discord link as well as IRC one next to it. Saphire (talk | contribs)
- I agree. Although if it was up to me I'd re-jiggle the Sidebar quite a bit, to make it more in line with the system Wikipedia and most other wikis use. So we'd have Main page, Community Portal, Admin noticeboard, Recent changes and Random page up top. Then other "tabs" underneath, such as an Official sites (or something) which also includes the Discord. Below that we could have the most important pages, whatever we deem that to be. Makes it easier to navigate for users when they're not on the main page. Here is an example of what it might look like: Image.
The Text Wall that is the Main Page
The main page is completely filled with text, hard to read, and in my opinion, aesthetically unpleasing. Maybe each topic should be in big font to be easier to see, and each specific page could be under a dropdown menu? Having a big font would also allow for us to add a small icon to the left of each of the major topics, the ones at the bottom of the screen in Rimworld when there are too many menus, which would look better than plain Arial text. ItsNotReallyEditing (talk) 22:23, 27 November 2021 (UTC)
- You're welcome to try out different formatting or content on Main Page/editcopy and if you find something you like we can look at implementing it Harakoni (Wiki Moderator) (talk) 00:01, 28 November 2021 (UTC)>
Dark mode is a flashbang
In dark mode the container for nav buttons is stil #fff, opening the main page in dark mode causes eye pain.
-- Lilly, (talk) 18:12, 10 November 2022 (UTC)
Template:Daily_Tip was initially designed to be used on the Main Page, just to display the Loading screen tips (the ones in-game, not custom made ones) and add a little interest. It stagnated in part because there was no way to ensure that the page would get reloaded often enough to not just display the same tip all the time, but traffic might be sufficient to justify it.
Example: Different terrain has different inherent cleanliness levels. Tiles are inherently clean; dirt is inherently dirty.
Thoughts on adding it? Harakoni (Wiki Moderator) (talk) 11:49, 26 April 2023 (UTC)