"A refined club, engineered for efficient swinging and deadly impacts."
The mace is a melee weapon that does a moderate amount of blunt damage, and has a moderate cooldown. As a blunt weapon, mace attacks don't cause bleeding (unless a body part gets destroyed), and generally fares better against armor when compared to sharp weapons.
Maces can be crafted at the fueled smithy or electric smithy once the smithing research has been completed; with 50 of any metallic or wooden material, and 10,000 ticks ( of work. As well as purchased from outlander and orbital combat suppliers, or from outlander and pirate raiders drops.
Compared to its neolithic 'ancestor', the club, the mace is somewhat more expensive to produce and has a slightly shorter cooldown period. The mace is best when made with uranium rather than plasteel; though slightly slower, the high damage multiplier will result in a higher damage output, and also better armor penetration.
In the following table, clubs of different types along with their damage charts are displayed.
|Material||Beauty||Market Value||Work To Make||Melee Damage Per Second||Melee Armor Penetration|
Mace vs. Comparable Weapons
This section goes over how well the mace fares against comparable weapons (similar value, tech level or similar characteristics) in 1 vs. 1 combat.
- All testing is semi-automated which allows for large sample sizes to be gathered per set of results with ease
- All pawns have a skill level of 8 in melee
- No pawns have any traits that affect combat performance
- All pawns are of 18 years of age and completely healthy
Results in the table below are the percentages of battles that maces either won or tied against the weapon listed in the first column of said table, with a sample size of 2,000 battles per result. Higher percentages are better.
The following armor categories are:
- Unarmored - Plainleather button-down shirt and plainleather pants
- Flak - Steel simple helmet, flak jacket, flak vest, plainleather button-down shirt and flak pants
- Marine - Marine helmet, marine armor, plainleather button-down shirt and plainleather pants
|Steel mace vs.||Unarmored||Flak||Marine|
|Uranium mace vs.||Unarmored||Flak||Marine|