A concoction of mechanites that dramatically improve the body's functioning in all respects. Over time, it can even heal old scarred-over wounds or brain damage, though it cannot regenerate lost limbs. Unfortunately, without the moderating effects of regular doses every five or six days, the mechanites lose cohesion, causing continuous berserk rages and, eventually, death.
After the first dose, there is no way to get the mechanites out, ever.
On the urbworlds, they call Luciferium the 'Devil's Bargain'. Many have been forced to kill friends when no more of the seductive red pills could be found.
- Tech Level
- Stack Limit
- 0.01 kg
- Deterioration Rate
- Path Cost
- Food Preference
- Drug Category
- Is Pleasure Drug
Luciferium is a rare, powerful, expensive and dangerous drug that can heal permanent injuries, chronic health conditions, and helps fight disease, but will kill its user if not taken every 6.667 days.
Luciferium provides a variety of enhancing effects. These can be broken into effects that occur:
- While addicted to the drug.
- While withdrawing from the drug.
- Improved blood filtration (+70%)
- Improved metabolism (+20%)
- Improved blood pumping (+15%)
- Improved sight (+15%)
- Improved consciousness (+10%)
- Improved breathing (+10%)
- Improved moving (+5%)
- Reduced pain (x80%)
- 1 Scar/permanent injury removed every 900,000 to 1,800,000 ticks (15 - 30 in-game days) (Also included but not limited to Alzheimer's, Asthma, Cataracts, Carcinoma, Dementia, Frail, Hearing Loss and Blindness)
Luciferium addiction is unique in that it is permanent - there is no waiting it out. If not taken regularly, luciferium will eventually kill. Pawns will remain addicted even after applying healer mech serum or resurrector mech serum. The only possible way to save someone going through a luciferium withdrawal is to give them more luciferium.
As soon as the luciferium need reaches 0%, the pawn suffers from the following symptoms:
- Intense pain (+40%) (-15 mood)
- Impaired consciousness (80% max)
- Berserk mental breaks (mtb of 0.4 days)
- Death (mtb of 10 days)
|This section is a stub. You can help RimWorld Wiki by expanding it. Reason: Detail for when you should have colonists take it.|
Luciferium is useful for treating permanent injuries, such as brain damage or scars. These would otherwise require the much rarer healer mech serum to cure. The increase in blood filtration also increases Immunity Gain Speed, which can help fight off otherwise fatal diseases (whenever from old age or poor treatment).
Luciferium has to be taken every 6.667 days, or the withdrawl risks killing them. In order to safely prevent this, create a Luciferium drug policy which is set not to satisfy addiction, but instead to take it every 6 days, and have pawns pocket 1 extra so that it can be taken as soon as possible. Mental breaks and even death happen very quickly, so it's better to be safe with dose quantities, if you can spare the drugs. When creating a caravan with addicted pawns, remember to either bring luciferium manually or have the pawns set up to carry several doses. For long trips or maximum safety, having transport pods available to launch additional doses in an emergency is also advisable.
Putting a pawn into a Cryptosleep casket or a Biosculpter pod will suspend their Luciferium needs until they are let out. This can be a way to save their life in case the drug runs out. If you run out of luciferium before researching or building them, you can look for ancient shrines, as they have ancient cryptosleep caskets.
Luciferium can be administered to animals via the operations menu, substantially improving their combat effectiveness. Sometimes, animals may also take Luciferium randomly by themselves if it is within their allowed zone.
Luciferium is considered to in the "Ultra" tech level.
Healing method table
Some injuries and health conditions will not naturally heal or cannot be immediately cured by treatment. In these cases, transplantation, artificial body parts, healer mech sera, luciferium or biosculpter pods may help, but each has its own unique list of what it can and cannot cure.
The full comparison table between healing methods is collapsed due to length. Expand to view.
|Condition||Transplant||Bionics||Healer mech serum||Luciferium||Biosculpter pod|
- ^Both Heals both relevant organs if condition is present in both.
- ^One Heals only one organ, even if condition is present in both.
- ^Prev This option prevents the acquisition of new cases of this condition, independent of whether or not it cures existing cases.
- ^IGS While luciferium does not outright cure these diseases, the increase to Immunity Gain Speed can hasten their healing and/or help prevent fatal cases.
- 0.15.1279 - Added.
- 1.1.0 - Fixed Luciferium not removing Frail. Now, lucifierum can remove all chronic health conditions.
- 1.1.2610 - Reduced market value from 120 to 70.