A synthetic combat drug developed for space marines during the early days of interplanetary warfare. Go-juice blocks pain and increases the user's melee and shooting abilities. It also enhances movement speed.
Go-Juice is a drug that can be purchased, found on raiders, or manufactured at a drug lab for 2 neutroamine and 1 Yayo. It requires Go-juice production to be researched. Its synthesis speed is dependent on the Intellectual skill.
It acts as a potent stimulant and pain-killer, reducing pain by 90% and boosting consciousness, movement, and sight. It has a significant impact on combat performance due to the mobility improvement, along with the enhancement to sight and consciousness which are vital for shooting accuracy. The high for go-juice lasts 1.875 days from 75% severity (one injection), but can last as long as 2.5 days from 100% severity (multiple injections). Similar to the painstopper, its reduction of pain in turn reduces the penalties to combat stats that come with it while also keeping the pawn up for longer. This means an affected pawn does more damage while injured and is doing that damage for longer. Coupled with the direct buffs from the other effects of the drug, this makes affected pawn significantly deadlier, but also puts them at risk by not going into shock as quickly meaning they will fight until very close to death or made physically unable.
Go-Juice's consciousness boost also improves the odds of a doctor successfully performing surgery. This is more useful for the surgeries with less chance to succeed such as carcinoma removal, though is less useful for regular surgeries.
One can get addicted to Go-Juice even without any tolerance build up; no injection of Go-juice is without risk of addiction.
- Improved moving (+50%)
- Improved sight (+35%)
- Heightened consciousness (+20%)
- Minimised pain (x10%)
- Satisfies rest need (+40%)
- Chemical joy (+40%)
- Improved mood (+5)
- Restores psyfocus (+15%)
- Go-juice addiction chance 2.6%, no minimum tolerance required.
However, as consciousness also improves other stats, the following are also affected.
Assuming Skill 10 where relevant, these bonuses translates to:
- A 50% increase to Move Speed, equivalent to an increase of of 2.3 c/s on a healthy, unencumbered pawn,
- A 1% increase to Shooting Accuracy. At Shooting 20, this is a 0.4% increase, at Shooting 5, a 2.1% increase. N.b., although seemingly small, this value is applied per tile crossed. So the difference between a 97% shooting accuracy and a 98% shooting accuracy over a range of only 10 tiles is an almost 11% increase in DPS. Over 20 tiles, this is a 23% increase.
- An 8% increase in melee DPS. At Melee 20, this is a 2% increase, at Melee 5, a 25% increase
- A 21% increase in Melee Dodge Chance. At Melee 20, this is a 6% increase, at Melee 5, a 24% increase
- A 20% increase in General Labor Speed
- A 18% increase Medical Surgery Success Chance. At Medical 20, this is a 22% increase, at Medical 5, a 12% increase
- A 30% increase in Medical Tend Quality. At Medical 20, this is a 27% increase, at Medical 5, a 32% increase
Excessive consumption of go-juice within a short timespan, or consumption in combination with other hard drugs may result in a drug overdose. Furthermore, each dose has an unavoidable 0.5% chance of instantly causing a major overdose, regardless of previous drug consumption.
If a pawn develops at least a large tolerance to Go-Juice (50% severity), they will get chemical damage in the brain in a mean time of 120 in-game days. This results in a reduced brain function of 50% for that pawn, who will become significantly impaired in all jobs from combat to daily work. However, as of version 1.2.3005, Go-Juice no longer gives a pawn any tolerance at all when taken, despite the effects of tolerance still existing in-game. This has been confirmed as intended behavior. 
The process of going through Go-Juice withdrawal is nasty, but also shorter than most other withdrawals, with a length of only 25 in-game days (compared to 30 for most hard drugs). The withdrawal symptoms for Go-Juice typically consist of significantly impaired movement, impaired consciousness, blood pumping, and sight, and slightly impaired manipulation. Other symptoms include increased hunger rate, fatigue, massively increased pain, binging, psychotic wandering, and very poor mood. The mood hit is so bad, that one would rather lose their spouse than their go-juice.
- Impaired moving (-50%)
- Impaired consciousness (-20%)
- Impaired blood pumping (-20%)
- Impaired sight (-20%)
- Increased hunger rate (+50%)
- Increased tiredness (+30%)
- Increased pain (x300%)
- Hard drug binges (mtb of 40 days)
- Psychotic wandering (mtb of 10 days)
- Awful mood (-22)
- 0.15.1279 - Added.
- 1.1.2647 - Rebalanced. Addiction risk and effects reduced, safe dose interval removed. Now instantly gives psyfocus when taken by psycasters.