- 1 Wiki consistency
- 2 Outdated pages and pages under construction
- 3 List
- 4 Updates needed for Alpha 16
- 5 Updates Needed for Alpha 15
- 6 Updates from Previous Alphas
- Probably time to come up with some wiki standards, a tutorial.
Make a documentation page for this Template:Define and Template:Define/Mass (Don't worry about the second one if you don't know what it means, either PM me or I will most likely have already done it) Spdskatr (talk) 11:23, 30 December 2016 (UTC)Done by me Spdskatr (talk) 05:12, 14 January 2017 (UTC)
- Pages should start using Template:Define and Template:Infobox/Thing.
- Pages should stop using the outdated Template:Infobox main
- Need a plant template sub category for Template:Infobox/Thing
Outdated pages and pages under construction
Could admins also please clean up any unnecessary pages in these two categories?
Arctic fox, Arctic wolf, Caribou, Cougar, Emu, Fennec fox, Gazelle, Grizzly bear, Ibex, Lynx, Megascarab, Megasloth, Megaspider, Ostrich, Polar bear, Raccoon, Rat, Red fox, Slag refinery, Spelopede, Theaetetus/sandbox, Timber wolf, Turkey, Version/0.1.334, Version/0.10.785, Version/0.11.877, Version/0.12.906, Version/0.13.1135, Version/0.14.1234, Version/0.14.1236, Version/0.14.1238, Version/0.2.363, Version/0.3.410, Version/0.4.460, Version/0.5.492, Version/0.5.492B, Version/0.5.496, Version/0.5.496B, Version/0.6.532, Version/0.7.581, Version/0.8.657, Version/0.9.722
Alpacahide, Armor - Blunt, Armor - Blunt Factor, Armor - Blunt Offset, Armor - Electric, Armor - Electric Factor, Armor - Electric Offset, Armor - Heat, Armor - Heat Factor, Armor - Heat Offset, Armor - Sharp, Armor - Sharp Factor, Armor - Sharp Offset, Backstories, Basics, Boomalope leather, Capybaraskin, Character Types, Characters/de, Characters/en, Characters/fr, Characters/pl, Chinchilla fur, Cowskin, Cybernetic Storm (mod), Defence tactics, Defend That Colony! (mod), Doctoring, Drugs, ElStrages mod list, Elephant skin, Game Creation, Gameplay, Gods Lubricant (mod), Grand Sculpture, Husky fur, Insulation - Cold, Insulation - Cold Factor, Insulation - Heat, Intermediate Midgame Guide, Joy, Labrador fur, Large Sculpture, Market Value, Misc, Pigskin, Production, Rim-Cartels (mod), Rock debris, Small Sculpture
Needs to be done list: (Feel free to do these if you know how!) (italic = minor, bold = major)
- Mass: Masses for many of the items are incomplete. See User:Spdskatr for more information. Spdskatr (talk) 22:19, 25 December 2016 (UTC)
- Quickstart_Guide: Revised plan: guide based on generalized temperate landing with Extreme Cold and Extreme Heat biomes given separate pages. Work in progress. Darkphoenyx27
- Events page: Needs updating/more descriptions.
- AI storyteller: Needs updating. I updated all the code specifics for Alpha 13, don't know if anything else needs updating 16 May 2016 Peppsen (talk)
- Wiki Consistency: Some pages are not consistent with the current wiki's style. Find and update those pages.
- Alpha 9 Updates: Nearly all Alpha 9 updates have been added but a few still remain.
- Alpha 10 updates: "Joy System" All of the newly implemented features and tweaks
- Alpha 11 Updates: "Sappers and Traps" Same as above but for Alpha 11
- Alpha 12 Updates: "Animal Taming" All changes from blog post are listed below.
- Mods: Please keep adding mods from the forum to the Alpha 8 mod list
- Defs: Def elements might be something useful to add in for technical reference/modder wannabes. This stuff is being constantly revised and constructed upon, so it's your choice whether to make it its own page or to integrate it as part of another page (e.g. Colonist). I've only covered a small amount of defs (see Category:Defs for a list), and that was a year ago. Longbyte1 (talk) 05:05, 16 February 2015 (UTC)
- Main Page: RimWorld Logo needs updating to current. elStrages Appears to be current logo already, the top left logo can't be changed. Fernbhoy (talk)
- Wiki Icon: The 'O' icon needs updating to the one in the left nav or the one fomr the new logo elStrages
- Updated Wiki Navigation(Right side complete): I am in the process of adding navigation to the top of each page, It came about from the poor navigation bog at the bottom of the Architect page. elStrages
- Organs and Implants: Needs a page either in items or in the health tab. Place feedback bellow on ideas DONE, except for some regular body parts, Eye, Arm, Leg. (see Medical Items by Crystalline Cat) ~ Jimyoda (talk) 16:15, 31 March 2015 (UTC)
- "Drafting": Soldier page needs to be removed and drafting should be expanded. CheesusGamer
- feedback here
- Please note that pages for human body parts (i.e. Bionic arm) list a subtype of 'body part'. A page for 'Body part' doesn't currently exist. This term in this context infers human body part. However, a page named as 'Body part' should be written to either include or disambiguate from body parts of all pawns, including animals and mechanoids. And one detail to consider is whether to name the page as 'Body part' or 'Body parts'. One other relevant note, there is a page 'Table of human body parts'. ~ Jimyoda (talk) 16:15, 31 March 2015 (UTC)
- feedback here
- Need a better way to display data on tables without having to update the tables themselves. What's the best way to pull stats and stuff from pages to a table on another page? Zesty (talk)
- Need a page describing cleanness and how it affects health/infections. Freakycrafter
- Provide the minimal specifications to play the game. (I can't create a new page for this, but you can find the specs at store.steampowered.com/app/294100/. --Shatterhand (talk) 20:42, 21 December 2016 (UTC)
- Insect infestations There is almost no information on the entire wiki about infestations, insect jelly, insect meat, jelly farming, etc. The only mention is Events#Infestation and what little info is on the individual spider pages, like Megaspider.
need to add build roof area to zones/area categoryAlready done. ~ Jimyoda (talk) 18:41, 1 February 2017 (UTC)
Need to add a page for marriage spot and party spot. I would have added these but I do not have permission --Heafe123DONE. ~ Jimyoda (talk) 18:36, 1 February 2017 (UTC)
Updates needed for Alpha 16
Same as was done for alpha 15: a list of all changes from alpha 16 that need to be added to their respective pages. Don't forget to <strike>
strikethough</strike> any items you complete and sign them with ~~~~. Nitrodev (talk) 14:43, 20 December 2016 (UTC)
- World map is now modeled as a sphere covered with hexagons (and a few pentagons).
- New map generation to make nicer mountain ranges, hill clusters, and continents.
- Nice backdrop with stars and sun.
- Time of day is modeled on the planet view; local time of day corresponds to how the sunlight hits the planet.
- Time zones are now modeled, out of necessity.
- New planet generation parameter: temperature. You can make worlds that are overall hotter or overall colder.
- New planet generation parameter: rainfall. You can make worlds where there is overall more or less precipitation.
- Multiple simultaneous maps
- There can now be multiple local maps active at once. For example, you can have your colony running as well, as a group of soldiers attacking an enemy base, at the same time.
- The character bar at the top of the screen shows all of your colonists and allows you to change which map you’re looking at. It groups characters togehter by the map they’re on.
- You can settle multiple colonies at once. However, for balance and performance reasons, the default limit is one colony at a time. This can be increased in the options menu if you want to experiment, but we don’t recommend it.
- You can build transport pod launchers and transport pods. These let you launch their contents long distances across the world map, over oceans or mountains.
- Pods can be targeted on empty world tiles, to send a caravan of people and gear there.
- Pods can be targeted on enemy bases, where you can perform “drop-in” raids and drop right on top of the base, or drop outside it – just like raiders do to you!
- Pods can be targeted on existing combat maps or other bases you control. This allows you to do things like resupply an ongoing siege with artillery shells (just like raiders do when besieging you), reinforce a weak caravan that just got ambushed, or send supplies and people between two bases you control.
- Pods are loaded by selecting several and creating a “launch group”. An interface like that for creating caravans appears, allowing you to define what and who should be included. The colonists do the detail work.
- Transport pods require chemfuel, which can be bought, founded, drilled from the ground, or refined from wood or food using the new refinery building.
Drugs and health
- Drug rebalance. Increase drug addictiveness in general. Drugs can now damage the body in various ways: Alcohol can cause brain damage or liver cirrhosis or liver cancer, smokeleaf can cause asthma or lung cancer, psychite can *damage kidneys, wake-up and go-juice can damage the brain, and generalized overdoses can cause brain damage.
- Drugs are more lucrative on the market.
- Added a third toggle in drug policy saying whether you can use the drug to feed an addiction, separately from joy usage.
- There is now a random chance of a overdose when taking drugs, even if just taking one dose.
- Added a way to administer specific drugs to people, including prisoners, animals, and downed people. So you can give Luciferium to someone who needs it.
- Drug chemical effects are modulated by body size. So elephants need a lot of beer to get hammered; squirrels not so much.
- Luciferium occasionally heals old wounds/scars. Luciferium is harder to get (less of it in old shrines, higher prices).
- Stats now stack differently (more additive, less multiplying) to reduce some exploits.
- Reworked surgery failure into three modes – minor, catastrophic, and ridiculous. Ridiculous hits all body parts, minor and catastrophic hit parts near the surgery site.
- Reworked trade prices across the board. Simplified trade price calculations and added rich tooltips to feed them back.
- The mood effects from room impressiveness have been redesigned and rebalanced. Characters now have consistently reasonable thoughts about the quality of their personal room, so there is a reason to make better rooms (though *high-quality rooms aren’t absolutely necessary). Mood effects from eating in or convalescing in nice/poor rooms are also more reasonable and better-fed back.
- Rebalanced plant growth timings.
- UI can now be scaled to arbitrary scaling factors, for players who play in really high resolution.
- Animals carrying inventory now have visible packs on.
- Added new separate bills to stonecut each type of stone.
- Prisoners are now temporarily marked “guilty” when they do certain actions, like killing a colonist or attempting escape. Guilty prisoners can be executed without mood penalties.
- Faction names are now much more interesting and varied, and are separate from specific community names.
- New Peaceful difficulty mode, for players who just want to build stuff. Disables major involuntary threats like raids.
- New alert: Unhappy nudity
- Backstories can be translated now
- New translation tool gives a readout of exactly what translation data remains to be written and what data is unused.
- Added proper chick peeping sounds.
- You can now only request one trader per 4 days from a faction.
- Colonists now get mood boosts for defeating big enemies or enemy faction leaders.
- Cleaning and harvesting jobs are now given in batches (more efficient and sensible AI).
- Default medical care for non-colonists is now herbal meds. Switches to best meds on recruit.
- Rebalanced most range weapons so more time is in cooldown and less is in aiming – especially for light weapons.
- Pawns generated below age 20 now have no adulthood backstory.
- New research screen! Research projects are laid out visually according to their dependencies in a left-to-right arrangement similar to the Civilization games. Modders need to manually place their projects, but if two overlap the game will automatically move them apart.
- Redesigned how medical system generates text feedback. Tooltips now contain much more information with less ambiguity. Wound tendings are now of any percentage quality (not just good/poor).
- Game now warns you when you order slaughter of a bonded animal (because of the mood impact).
- Added visual feedback thought bubbles for when pawns gain certain good and bad thoughts, so it’s easier to see when something just bothered or pleased them.
- Rich soil is darker in color and so easier to see.
- Added a “hold fire” toggle on drafted pawns that makes them not automatically shoot at enemies.
- In order to avoid annoying players by having animals always follow their masters, even into combat, players can configure when animals will follow their masters. There are two toggles: Follow while drafted, follow while hunting/taming
Updates Needed for Alpha 15
Same as was done for alpha 14: a list of all changes from alpha 15 that need to be added to their respective pages. Don't forget to <strike>
strikethough</strike> any items you complete and sign them with ~~~~. Maoman (talk) 20:42, 29 August 2016 (UTC)
- Added new rich tutorial with step-by-step instructions.
- Tutorial teaches the basics of setting up a game, building a small self-sustaining colony, and defeating the first raider.
- Tutorial locks out irrelevant controls and highlights relevant controls.
- At the end of the tutorial, the player can continue the game with a normal storyteller.
- Added new learning helper system to replace yellow pop-up messages and yellow learning alerts.
- Learning helper sits in the top right of the screen. If something happens relating to a concept the player hasn’t learned, that lesson will be activated and shown on the learning helper. It can then be opened and read. Lessons are automatically marked as learned when the player does the necessary interaction, and can be marked as learned manually. Lessons are shown as needed by circumstance, or on a slow timer. The overall idea is that you’ll never be shown a lesson you already know, but always be shown the lessons you need to know now.
- Learning helper can be expanded and searched for any lesson, so you can look up how to do a specific thing at any time.
- Drugs can be assigned for regular taking through the drug policy system. Similar to Outfits, drug policies are an assigned schedule for taking drugs. You can set any number of drugs, each with a frequency. For example, you can assign a colonist to drink 2 beers every day, and take one Malari-Block every 5 days.
- Added a ‘copy building’ tool which lets you quickly select the designator for a building through an existing copy of that building.
- Beer production now takes several stages: Colonists make wort (unfermented beer) at the brewer table, then leave it in fermenting barrels for a while, after which they can harvest it as beer.
- Gear tab now shows aggregate stats about armor and comfy temperatures.
- Factored MapGeneratorDef apart into separate GenStepDefs which can be modded or inserted individually. This will allow modders to change the MapGenerator without blowing away each others’ changes.
- Mods can now be dragged to reorder them in the mods page.
- Reworked trader stock generators so traders carry and accept more sensible items for their type.
- Friendly fire chances reduced by 60% for fly-by shots (shots that miss and land in the cell with a pawn have the same chance to hit as before).
- Added a message when food spoils in storage.
Updates from Previous Alphas
This is the list of changes from the Alpha 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13 blog posts, for purposes of checking off items.
Basics and Concepts
- [11a] Pawns check for job override when taking damage. It will no longer be possible to bug out the centipede enemy and kill him at close range while he tries to take a firing position.
[11a] Enemies no longer take unpowered player turrets as primary targets.DONE. ~ Jimyoda (talk) 23:29, 28 January 2017 (UTC)
- [10a] Reworked food search so it smoothly integrates information about food distance, taste, and psychological preference to get the most optimal food source.
 Added heart attacks. People or animals approaching or past their life expectancy will have a chance of heart attack, which will progress and resolve in a random way. Heart attack is emergency-treatable to improve outcomes.Done by XeoNovaDan. ~ Jimyoda (talk) 23:39, 28 January 2017 (UTC)
-  Added way to enable/deny medicine in different qualities to any colonist, prisoner, or tame animal, from the health tab.
Work and Skills
- [9a] Reworked the ‘do until you have X’ option on bills; it now works for more bills and shows the number you currently have.
- [10a] Reduced skill degradation rate.
- [10a] Reworked how skills generate so there will be more initial skill variation and age affect starting skills more.
- [10a] Generalized toggle power interaction to ‘switch flicking’ and applied it to power switch toggling and door locking as well as building power on/off.
- [10a] You can now set a minimum skill level on bills.
- [11a] Pawns can now do ‘job override’ checks to see if a new job should start before ending their current job. These are now used liberally to have pawns respond faster and more intelligently to changing conditions (especially in combat).
- [11b] Colonists now harvest planted trees on their own.
-  Unskilled or injured growers can fail at harvesting, destroying the harvest for one plant.
- [11a] Randy’s event chances are affected by population (somewhat).
- [11a] Re-tuned storyteller population intent based on new output tables for smoother population gain with higher maximum and better recovery at small populations
-  Slightly relaxed threat frequency for Cassandra.
-  Recipes can be defined to have different ingredients satisfy their ingredients at different ratios, based on any value calculated from the ingredient def. This lets us make a meal from 2 eggs, but 10 potatoes, because we base recipe value on nutrition, and the nutrition value of an egg is 0.25 while the nutrition of a potato is 0.05.
-  Art for elephant tusk
-  Ancient artifacts with psychic powers can be bought, sold, and found in ancient crypts. Artifacts are one-use. Psychic powers work at any range through obstacles.
- [11b] Smelt slag recipe can use do until you have X.
-  All furniture is now ‘minifiable’ like televisions and telescopes. This means beds, chairs, etc can be moved without being rebuilt, bought, and sold.
-  Furniture can now be art engraved.
-  Graves are no longer just glorified storage slots; colonists must actually ‘bury’ corpses.
-  Can now build sarcophagi out of solid materials. High-quality sarcophagi are art items.
-  Colonists will visit graves of dead colonists for a joy activity.
-  Room roles and stats: Rooms now have ‘roles’ and stats based on what is inside them. These are automatically-defined values that, in turn, passively affect thoughts and events in the room. Room roles and stats can be inspected with a new inspection tool (bottom right of screen).
 Room roles are:
- Prison bedroom
- Prison barracks
- Dining room
- Rec room
 Room stats are:
- Impressiveness (most important stat; an aggregate of other stats, mostly for pride psychology)
- Cleanliness (has a direct effect on medical outcomes)
 Room stats affect things like:
- Immunity gain speed
- Medical treatment quality
- Room stats create many variants on thoughts like:
- Ate in impressive dining room
- Own impressive bedroom
- Own bed in impressive barracks
- Did joy activity in impressive rec room
- [11a] Guests are smarter and no longer walk out of the colony bleeding.
-  Refactored and slightly rebalanced crop yields so crops want a bit more space.
-  Animals can be named when tamed or when nuzzling. Names are drawn from a large bank of animal names.
-  Added amniotic fluid spray to birth.
-  Pawns have life stages (baby, juvenile, adult) related to their ages. Baby animals are tiny and weak, juveniles somewhat larger, and adults are full size. They can only reproduce in some stages.
-  Life stage changes body size, health scale, hunger rate, meat amount, leather amount, move speed.
-  Animals have different market values at different life stages.
-  Very young ages are written in months, days, or hours.
-  Pawns have different graphics for different life stages.
-  Pawns have different call/anger/wounded/death sounds for different life stages.
-  Animals have a minimum handling skill. Player is warned if they designate taming an animal that no handler can actually tame.
-  Newly tamed animals get numerical designations so you can tell them apart (“Muffalo 1”, “Muffalo 2”, etc.)
-  Only mature animals are milkable.
-  Baby animal voice sounds are automatically pitched higher if they’re not defined specifically for the LifeStageDef.
-  Some animals give birth to litters. Probability of different child counts is defined on a curve.
-  Some kinds of animals get names upon being tamed.
-  Added a toggle to display colony animal names on the map like colonists.
-  Fertilized eggs count down over time and hatch when ready.
-  Pawns now support gender-specific name (hen, rooster, buck, ewe, sow), lifestage-specific named (piglet, warg puppy) and gender/lifestage-specific names (cockerel).
-  You can rescue downed animals (tame or wild) and carry them to an animal bed.
-  Tamers drop unused food after a while.
-  We now support different animal graphics per gender. Chickens, deer, pigs and some others look different per gender.
-  Added male deer graphic with antlers.
-  Animal training can take several steps.
-  Animal training trainables are indented on the list under their prerequisites.
-  Trainables do not show on the training ITab if they can never be done by the selected animal.
-  Added <trainableTags> so modders can force specific animals to be trainable in specific Trainable skills using tags, outside the “trainable intelligence” system.
-  Obeying animals only attack enemies very close to their master.
-  Wildness is output on info card with explanation.
-  Colony starts with a random pet.
-  Rebalanced animal hunger rates.
-  Animals produce animal filth, proportional to body size, inversely proportional to petness.
-  Animals have life expectancies and can contract chronic diseases as they age, just like humans.
-  Wounded colony animals go to bed for treatment (if no critical combat tasks are pressing).
- [11a] Added copy/paste functionality for storage zone/building settings.
- [11a] World data now saves into map file to prevent game state confusion with multiple saves on one world.
- [11a] You can now perform surgery on guests. Violating surgery will anger their faction.
- [11b] Mods config page shows load order of mods.
-  Factored together allowed areas, home area, no roof area, and snow clear area under a single AreaManager. Home area can now be assigned as an allowed area.
-  Improvements to trade interface: better layout, expands vertically to use all screen space, increment/decrement buttons and launch/drop all buttons added.
-  Refactored how Hediffs are randomly given for birthdays and at other times.
-  Game will auto-reset mods config on startup crash to try to recover.
-  Improvements to trade interface: better layout, expands vertically to use all screen space, increment/decrement buttons and launch/drop all buttons added.
-  Added ‘open’ designator for opening cryptosleep caskets, graves, sarcophagi, and other containers.