Drug overdose is caused by consuming an excessive amount of drugs in a short time period, before the body has the time to deal with it. There's a chance of getting an overdose from just one dose. Overdose can cause instant death.
The severity of a Drug Overdose is determined by what drugs are consumed; with social drugs (i.e. Beer, Smokeleaf) and Luciferium not contributing to overdoses, hard drugs (i.e. Go-juice, Flake, Yayo, Wake-up) increasing the severity by 0.18-0.35 per drug consumed, and medical drugs (i.e. Penoxycyline) increasing severity by 0.08-0.14 per dose. Drug overdose severity reduces by 1 per day, meaning that the pawn will fully recover in up to 1 day (0.5 days until no symptoms are shown).
There are four stages of Drug Overdose:
Severity: < 0.50
- No effect, within tolerable levels of hard drug consumption
- Doesn't show on the health tab of colonists
Severity: 0.5 — 0.749
- Reduces the affected pawn's consciousness by 50%
- Frequent vomiting - Every 0.3 days (4.8h) on average
Severity: 0.75 — 0.999
- Pawn will lose consciousness (Consciousness max: 10%)
- Chemical damage to the brain on average 2.5 days in this state
- Death on average 3 days in this state
- Overdosing pawn's body is unable to handle extreme drug levels, and succumbs