A grave provides a place to bury corpses. Graves can be constructed without need of materials. The default storage setting only allows human corpses, but can be set to accept animals, strangers or mechanoids. A body can be removed (hauled) from a grave with the 'Open' command. Deconstructing will also release the buried.
- Colonists visiting graves of fellow members gain joy boost.
- Unburied human corpses trigger 'observed corpse' negative thought for passersbys.
- Unburied colonist bodies trigger the 'colonist left unburied' negative thought.
- Unburied corpses have -150 beauty, resulting in an ugly environment.
- Sarcophagi are nicer but require materials to make.
- An electric crematorium can burn corpses but requires electricity. It is the fastest way to get rid of unwanted corpses. This method automatically strips clothing after the incineration is completed.
Corpses can also be butchered before they start rotting, to obtain human meat and leather. The cook will suffer the "Butchered humanlike -6" debuff and every one else in the colony, the "We butchered humanlike -6" debuff. Also affecting relations between the cook and the others, except colonist with Bloodlust, Cannibal or Psychopath trait.