- 1 Wiki consistency
- 2 Outdated pages and pages under construction
- 3 List
- 4 Updates needed for Alpha 17
- 5 Updates needed for Alpha 16
- 6 Updates from Previous Alphas
- Probably time to come up with some wiki standards, a tutorial.
- Pages should start using Template:Define and Template:Infobox/Thing.
- Pages should stop using the outdated Template:Infobox main
- Need a plant template sub category for Template:Infobox/Thing
Outdated pages and pages under construction
Could admins also please clean up any unnecessary pages in these two categories?
Arctic fox, Arctic wolf, Caribou, Cougar, Emu, Fennec fox, Gazelle, Grizzly bear, Ibex, Lynx, Megasloth, Ostrich, Polar bear, Raccoon, Rat, Red fox, Slag refinery, Spelopede, Theaetetus/sandbox, Timber wolf, Turkey, Version/0.1.334, Version/0.10.785, Version/0.11.877, Version/0.12.906, Version/0.13.1135, Version/0.14.1234, Version/0.14.1236, Version/0.14.1238, Version/0.15.1279, Version/0.2.363, Version/0.3.410, Version/0.4.460, Version/0.5.492, Version/0.5.492B, Version/0.5.496, Version/0.5.496B, Version/0.6.532, Version/0.7.581, Version/0.8.657, Version/0.9.722
No pages currently marked 'Under Construction'.
Needs to be done list: (Feel free to do these if you know how!) (italic = minor, bold = major)
- Guides: Most of the guides here need more people working on them. PigeonGuru (talk) 13:53, 19 June 2017 (UTC)
- Page deletion: Plenty of pages are tagged with the Delete template. Somebody needs to check them and delete or remove template as appropriate.
- Events page: Needs updating/more descriptions.
- Wiki Consistency: Some pages are not consistent with the current wiki's style. Find and update those pages.
Alpha 10 updates: "Joy System" All of the newly implemented features and tweaksWas previously done. ~ Jimyoda (talk) 19:21, 5 July 2017 (UTC)
- Defs: Def elements might be something useful to add in for technical reference/modder wannabes. This stuff is being constantly revised and constructed upon, so it's your choice whether to make it its own page or to integrate it as part of another page (e.g. Colonist). I've only covered a small amount of defs (see Category:Defs for a list), and that was a year ago. Longbyte1 (talk) 05:05, 16 February 2015 (UTC)
- Main Page: RimWorld Logo needs updating to current. elStrages Appears to be current logo already, the top left logo can't be changed. Fernbhoy (talk)
- Wiki Icon: The 'O' icon needs updating to the one in the left nav or the one fomr the new logo elStrages
- Updated Wiki Navigation(Right side complete): I am in the process of adding navigation to the top of each page, It came about from the poor navigation bog at the bottom of the Architect page. elStrages
- Organs and Implants: Needs a page either in items or in the health tab. Place feedback bellow on ideas DONE, except for some regular body parts, Eye, Arm, Leg. (see Medical Items by Crystalline Cat) ~ Jimyoda (talk) 16:15, 31 March 2015 (UTC)
- Please note that pages for human body parts (i.e. Bionic arm) list a subtype of 'body part'. A page for 'Body part' doesn't currently exist. This term in this context infers human body part. However, a page named as 'Body part' should be written to either include or disambiguate from body parts of all pawns, including animals and mechanoids. And one detail to consider is whether to name the page as 'Body part' or 'Body parts'. One other relevant note, there is a page 'Table of human body parts'. ~ Jimyoda (talk) 16:15, 31 March 2015 (UTC)
"Drafting": Soldier page needs to be removed and drafting should be expanded. CheesusGamerLooks to be complete. PigeonGuru (talk) 08:31, 5 August 2017 (UTC)
- Need a better way to display data on tables without having to update the tables themselves. What's the best way to pull stats and stuff from pages to a table on another page? Zesty (talk)
Need a page describing cleanness and how it affects health/infections. FreakycrafterSee [room stats]], probably doesn't need a page on its own. PigeonGuru (talk) 08:31, 5 August 2017 (UTC)
Updates needed for Alpha 17
Same as before: a list of all changes from alpha 17 that need to be added to their respective pages. Don't forget to <strike>
strikethough </strike> (or <s> strikethrough </s>) any items you see are completed and sign them with ~~~~. Nitrodev (talk) 09:12, 25 May 2017 (UTC)
New “site parts” world site generation system. It allows assembling together a world destination from several ‘parts’. Mixing and matching will allow us to create a huge number of combinations.
Other new stuff
- Bills can now be temporarily paused when satisfied, until automatically reactivated at a lower level. This reduces the need for pawns to repeatedly return to the work bench each time the count falls just one below the target count.
- Modders can now add “def modifiers” which, instead of replacing a whole def, change specific fields of that def. This allows multiple mods to change the same def without wiping each others’ changes (unless they change the same field, of course).
- Information on how to use def modifiers is in this forum thread: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=32735.0
- Various enums are now defs so modders can add new ones (TrainableIntelligence , DamageArmorCategory, ImpactSoundType, ReservationLayer, BillRepeatMode, PrisonerInteractionMode, FleshType).
- GUI tables (like most of the main tabs along the bottom of the screen) are now defined by data, making it easier to add, rearrange, sort, and change columns on the UI.
- Increasing skill relevance
- Mining skill reworked: Steeper speed penalty for low skill. Mining yield is now slightly dependent on mining skill.
- Work tab boxes are easier to identify skill level for visually.
- AI has more intelligent ranged shot target selection with random elements. Harder to exploit, and looks less dumb, doesn’t shoot at chickens as much.
- Raider with mega-weapons will now avoid friendly fire
- Added a new state to caravan lord job, “bloody exit”, which makes the exit individually, as aggressively as possible. This makes it a bit hard to rob caravans.
Base defense AI is touchier; stealth raids will be much much more difficult (and probably infeasible most of the time).PigeonGuru (talk) 08:50, 5 August 2017 (UTC)
- Plants now have different graphics when they are harvestable – you can see the berries/cotton/corn on the plant ready to be taken.
- Drugs are now slower to produce, slower to grow, and heavier.
- Integrated incidents (ambush, manhunters, etc) better with caravans and temporary maps. Incidents can now target both of these, and the story state (incident cooldowns, etc) is passed back and forth between a caravan and its map to maintain continuity.
- Plant generation algorithm for map start reworked to generate plants in more interesting patterns, with denser areas and more clear areas interspersed, and groves of trees in sparse biomes.
- New graphics for some floor types and things (stone floors, stone chunks, etc).
- Made crop growing cycles significantly longer, especially for long-cycle plants like corn.
- Small items like gold and silver are now 10x smaller, not 20x, so it’s more feasible to build things from them.
- Other bases regenerate their trade stock less often.
- Changed flammability for fur and leather to 100%, and for meat to 50%.
- Rebalanced all trader stock generation.
- Traders will generate with fewer extreme quality items.
- Pawns missing heads will have visually missing heads.
- It’s no longer possible to create a settlement directly adjacent to an existing settlement.
Caravans now enter/leave tiles when touching the tile boundary, instead of when in the center of the adjacent tile.
- Redesigned how capacities are calculated from body part efficiencies with an entirely new collection of algorithms, to stop various nonsensical cases and simplify how health conditions can affect the body.
- Gear tab now displays item stack masses.
- Caravans now generate a lot tougher.
All caravans now buy art. Art is lighter (e.g. easier to sell) and has a sell price bonus so it’s now a better trade good.PigeonGuru (talk) 08:46, 5 August 2017 (UTC)
- Redesigned stats so that in almost all cases, high numbers are better.
- Rebalanced the beauty system to be much more dependent on art; random furniture has less or no beauty effect.
Ship part crash incident now scatters rubble and chunks around the crash site.PigeonGuru (talk) 08:46, 5 August 2017 (UTC)
Updates needed for Alpha 16
Same as was done for alpha 15: a list of all changes from alpha 16 that need to be added to their respective pages. Don't forget to <strike>
strikethough </strike> (or <s> strikethrough </s>)any items you complete and sign them with ~~~~. Nitrodev (talk) 14:43, 20 December 2016 (UTC)
- UI can now be scaled to arbitrary scaling factors, for players who play in really high resolution.
- New translation tool gives a readout of exactly what translation data remains to be written and what data is unused.
Updates from Previous Alphas
This is the list of changes from the Alpha 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13 blog posts, for purposes of checking off items.
Basics and Concepts
- [9a] Reworked the ‘do until you have X’ option on bills; it now works for more bills and shows the number you currently have.
- [10a] You can now set a minimum skill level on bills.
- [11b] Smelt slag recipe can use do until you have X.
- [11a] Guests are smarter and no longer walk out of the colony bleeding.
- [11b] Mods config page shows load order of mods.