- 1 Wiki consistency
- 2 Outdated pages and pages under construction
- 3 List
- 4 Updates needed for Alpha 17
- 5 Updates needed for Alpha 16
- 6 Updates from Previous Alphas
- Probably time to come up with some wiki standards, a tutorial.
Make a documentation page for this Template:Define and Template:Define/Mass (Don't worry about the second one if you don't know what it means, either PM me or I will most likely have already done it) Spdskatr (talk) 11:23, 30 December 2016 (UTC)Done by me Spdskatr (talk) 05:12, 14 January 2017 (UTC)
- Pages should start using Template:Define and Template:Infobox/Thing.
- Pages should stop using the outdated Template:Infobox main
- Need a plant template sub category for Template:Infobox/Thing
Outdated pages and pages under construction
Could admins also please clean up any unnecessary pages in these two categories?
Arctic fox, Arctic wolf, Caribou, Cougar, Emu, Fennec fox, Gazelle, Grizzly bear, Ibex, Lynx, Megascarab, Megasloth, Ostrich, Polar bear, Raccoon, Rat, Red fox, Slag refinery, Spelopede, Theaetetus/sandbox, Timber wolf, Turkey, Version/0.1.334, Version/0.10.785, Version/0.11.877, Version/0.12.906, Version/0.13.1135, Version/0.14.1234, Version/0.14.1236, Version/0.14.1238, Version/0.15.1279, Version/0.2.363, Version/0.3.410, Version/0.4.460, Version/0.5.492, Version/0.5.492B, Version/0.5.496, Version/0.5.496B, Version/0.6.532, Version/0.7.581, Version/0.8.657, Version/0.9.722
Needs to be done list: (Feel free to do these if you know how!) (italic = minor, bold = major)
- Guides: Most of the guides here need more people working on them. PigeonGuru (talk) 13:53, 19 June 2017 (UTC)
Mass: Masses for many of the items are incomplete. See User:Spdskatr for more information. Spdskatr (talk) 22:19, 25 December 2016 (UTC) Quickstart_Guide: Revised plan: guide based on generalized temperate landing with Extreme Cold and Extreme Heat biomes given separate pages.The Quickstart Guide, as well as the extreme temperature guides seem to be completed. PigeonGuru (talk) 13:53, 19 June 2017 (UTC)
- Events page: Needs updating/more descriptions.
- Wiki Consistency: Some pages are not consistent with the current wiki's style. Find and update those pages.
- Alpha 10 updates: "Joy System" All of the newly implemented features and tweaks
- Defs: Def elements might be something useful to add in for technical reference/modder wannabes. This stuff is being constantly revised and constructed upon, so it's your choice whether to make it its own page or to integrate it as part of another page (e.g. Colonist). I've only covered a small amount of defs (see Category:Defs for a list), and that was a year ago. Longbyte1 (talk) 05:05, 16 February 2015 (UTC)
- Main Page: RimWorld Logo needs updating to current. elStrages Appears to be current logo already, the top left logo can't be changed. Fernbhoy (talk)
- Wiki Icon: The 'O' icon needs updating to the one in the left nav or the one fomr the new logo elStrages
- Updated Wiki Navigation(Right side complete): I am in the process of adding navigation to the top of each page, It came about from the poor navigation bog at the bottom of the Architect page. elStrages
- Organs and Implants: Needs a page either in items or in the health tab. Place feedback bellow on ideas DONE, except for some regular body parts, Eye, Arm, Leg. (see Medical Items by Crystalline Cat) ~ Jimyoda (talk) 16:15, 31 March 2015 (UTC)
- Please note that pages for human body parts (i.e. Bionic arm) list a subtype of 'body part'. A page for 'Body part' doesn't currently exist. This term in this context infers human body part. However, a page named as 'Body part' should be written to either include or disambiguate from body parts of all pawns, including animals and mechanoids. And one detail to consider is whether to name the page as 'Body part' or 'Body parts'. One other relevant note, there is a page 'Table of human body parts'. ~ Jimyoda (talk) 16:15, 31 March 2015 (UTC)
- "Drafting": Soldier page needs to be removed and drafting should be expanded. CheesusGamer
- Need a better way to display data on tables without having to update the tables themselves. What's the best way to pull stats and stuff from pages to a table on another page? Zesty (talk)
- Need a page describing cleanness and how it affects health/infections. Freakycrafter
Provide the minimal specifications to play the game. (I can't create a new page for this, but you can find the specs at store.steampowered.com/app/294100/. --Shatterhand (talk) 20:42, 21 December 2016 (UTC)
Updates needed for Alpha 17
Same as before: a list of all changes from alpha 17 that need to be added to their respective pages. Don't forget to <strike>
strikethough </strike> (or <s> strikethrough </s>) any items you see are completed and sign them with ~~~~. Nitrodev (talk) 09:12, 25 May 2017 (UTC)
- New “site parts” world site generation system. It allows assembling together a world destination from several ‘parts’. Mixing and matching will allow us to create a huge number of combinations.
Other new stuff
Add option to render hats only on the main game map (but not on the portraits in the pawn bar).No need to document, this is under Options; settings there are self-explanatory and not covered on the wiki. ~ Jimyoda (talk) 05:02, 23 June 2017 (UTC)
- Bills can now be temporarily paused when satisfied, until automatically reactivated at a lower level. This reduces the need for pawns to repeatedly return to the work bench each time the count falls just one below the target count.
All pawns now have “head butt” attacks they can use if they’re missing all other attacking body parts.DONE. ~ Jimyoda (talk) 18:20, 19 June 2017 (UTC) New training lessons for explaining shield belts, and how door opening speed is affected by material type.Added along with the list of lessons. PigeonGuru (talk) 09:28, 17 June 2017 (UTC)
- Modders can now add “def modifiers” which, instead of replacing a whole def, change specific fields of that def. This allows multiple mods to change the same def without wiping each others’ changes (unless they change the same field, of course).
- Information on how to use def modifiers is in this forum thread: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=32735.0
- Various enums are now defs so modders can add new ones (TrainableIntelligence , DamageArmorCategory, ImpactSoundType, ReservationLayer, BillRepeatMode, PrisonerInteractionMode, FleshType).
- GUI tables (like most of the main tabs along the bottom of the screen) are now defined by data, making it easier to add, rearrange, sort, and change columns on the UI.
- Increasing skill relevance
- Mining skill reworked: Steeper speed penalty for low skill. Mining yield is now slightly dependent on mining skill.
Trade price spread made much wider, but social skill also has a much greater effect on it.Previously added, though this entry doesn't seem to be relevant to modding. PigeonGuru (talk) 09:31, 17 June 2017 (UTC) Removed post-process curve from melee hit chance so it uses the simple level-by-level tuning. It’ll be much harder to hit things now at low melee skills. Note: Default hit chance is 0.6 for pawns without skills. This equals the chance of a pawn with melee skill 6.Added melee hit chances to the skills section. PigeonGuru (talk) 09:52, 14 June 2017 (UTC) Added a melee dodge stat, so better melee-skilled pawns will have more advantage. Pawns don’t melee dodge while aiming or firing ranged weapons.DONE. ~ Jimyoda (talk) 03:58, 17 June 2017 (UTC)
- Work tab boxes are easier to identify skill level for visually.
- AI has more intelligent ranged shot target selection with random elements. Harder to exploit, and looks less dumb, doesn’t shoot at chickens as much.
- Raider with mega-weapons will now avoid friendly fire
Sapper groups will now continue digging even while defending from attack.Added. PigeonGuru (talk) 03:19, 27 May 2017 (UTC)
- Added a new state to caravan lord job, “bloody exit”, which makes the exit individually, as aggressively as possible. This makes it a bit hard to rob caravans.
- Base defense AI is touchier; stealth raids will be much much more difficult (and probably infeasible most of the time).
- Plants now have different graphics when they are harvestable – you can see the berries/cotton/corn on the plant ready to be taken.
- Drugs are now slower to produce, slower to grow, and heavier.
- Integrated incidents (ambush, manhunters, etc) better with caravans and temporary maps. Incidents can now target both of these, and the story state (incident cooldowns, etc) is passed back and forth between a caravan and its map to maintain continuity.
- Plant generation algorithm for map start reworked to generate plants in more interesting patterns, with denser areas and more clear areas interspersed, and groves of trees in sparse biomes.
- New graphics for some floor types and things (stone floors, stone chunks, etc).
- Made crop growing cycles significantly longer, especially for long-cycle plants like corn.
Reworked surgery success chances. We now feedback room surgery success chance on medical bed. Rebalanced room surgery success chance calculations and fixed a bug where it was 100% when outdoors. Removed surgery success chance exponents.Completed. PigeonGuru (talk) 09:35, 17 June 2017 (UTC)
- Small items like gold and silver are now 10x smaller, not 20x, so it’s more feasible to build things from them.
Jade is not small any more.Previously added. PigeonGuru (talk) 04:19, 27 May 2017 (UTC)
- Other bases regenerate their trade stock less often.
- Changed flammability for fur and leather to 100%, and for meat to 50%.
- Rebalanced all trader stock generation.
- Traders will generate with fewer extreme quality items.
- Pawns missing heads will have visually missing heads.
- It’s no longer possible to create a settlement directly adjacent to an existing settlement.
- Caravans now enter/leave tiles when touching the tile boundary, instead of when in the center of the adjacent tile.
- Redesigned how capacities are calculated from body part efficiencies with an entirely new collection of algorithms, to stop various nonsensical cases and simplify how health conditions can affect the body.
- Gear tab now displays item stack masses.
- Caravans now generate a lot tougher.
- All caravans now buy art. Art is lighter (e.g. easier to sell) and has a sell price bonus so it’s now a better trade good.
- Redesigned stats so that in almost all cases, high numbers are better.
- Rebalanced the beauty system to be much more dependent on art; random furniture has less or no beauty effect.
- Ship part crash incident now scatters rubble and chunks around the crash site.
Healroot grows wild now, in some biomes.Added. PigeonGuru (talk) 04:19, 27 May 2017 (UTC) Added caravan route planner. It allows placing several waypoints, and measures the time to travel the route along them.Added. PigeonGuru (talk) 09:52, 14 June 2017 (UTC) There is now a progress dialog while the planet mesh is generating (so people don’t think the game crashed).Previously added. PigeonGuru (talk) 09:52, 14 June 2017 (UTC) Date system reworked. Seasons are now arbitrary “quadrums” which cover 1/4 of the year and are the same on the whole planet.Added. PigeonGuru (talk) 09:52, 14 June 2017 (UTC)
Updates needed for Alpha 16
Same as was done for alpha 15: a list of all changes from alpha 16 that need to be added to their respective pages. Don't forget to <strike>
strikethough </strike> (or <s> strikethrough </s>)any items you complete and sign them with ~~~~. Nitrodev (talk) 14:43, 20 December 2016 (UTC)
- UI can now be scaled to arbitrary scaling factors, for players who play in really high resolution.
Faction names are now much more interesting and varied, and are separate from specific community names.Added entire naming section. PigeonGuru (talk) 04:06, 15 June 2017 (UTC) Backstories can be translated nowAdded. It seems that translated backstories only start to appear now in A17.
- New translation tool gives a readout of exactly what translation data remains to be written and what data is unused.
Added proper chick peeping sounds. Cleaning and harvesting jobs are now given in batches (more efficient and sensible AI).DONE. ~ Jimyoda (talk) 13:52, 14 June 2017 (UTC) Added a “hold fire” toggle on drafted pawns that makes them not automatically shoot at enemies.Added, though it is renamed to 'Fire at will' in A17. PigeonGuru (talk) 09:56, 14 June 2017 (UTC)
Updates from Previous Alphas
This is the list of changes from the Alpha 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13 blog posts, for purposes of checking off items.
Basics and Concepts
[11a] Pawns check for job override when taking damage. It will no longer be possible to bug out the centipede enemy and kill him at close range while he tries to take a firing position.Bug fix from too long ago, not quite relevant anymore. PigeonGuru (talk) 04:16, 15 June 2017 (UTC)
Work and Skills
[10a] Reworked how skills generate so there will be more initial skill variation and age affect starting skills more.Added, though did not specify which version, being added very long ago. PigeonGuru (talk) 04:16, 15 June 2017 (UTC)
[11a] Pawns can now do ‘job override’ checks to see if a new job should start before ending their current job. These are now used liberally to have pawns respond faster and more intelligently to changing conditions (especially in combat).No need to document this. PigeonGuru (talk) 04:16, 15 June 2017 (UTC)
- [9a] Reworked the ‘do until you have X’ option on bills; it now works for more bills and shows the number you currently have.
- [10a] You can now set a minimum skill level on bills.
- [11b] Smelt slag recipe can use do until you have X.
* [11a] Randy’s event chances are affected by population (somewhat).
* [11a] Re-tuned storyteller population intent based on new output tables for smoother population gain with higher maximum and better recovery at small populations
*  Slightly relaxed threat frequency for Cassandra.
 Recipes can be defined to have different ingredients satisfy their ingredients at different ratios, based on any value calculated from the ingredient def. This lets us make a meal from 2 eggs, but 10 potatoes, because we base recipe value on nutrition, and the nutrition value of an egg is 0.25 while the nutrition of a potato is 0.05.Added. PigeonGuru (talk) 04:01, 14 June 2017 (UTC)
 Furniture can now be art engraved.Added. Note that weapons can be engraved, too. PigeonGuru (talk) 04:28, 14 June 2017 (UTC)
 Graves are no longer just glorified storage slots; colonists must actually ‘bury’ corpses.Added. Note that art is added upon burial. PigeonGuru (talk) 05:35, 19 April 2017 (UTC)
 Can now build sarcophagi out of solid materials. High-quality sarcophagi are art items.Previously added already.
 Room roles and stats: Rooms now have ‘roles’ and stats based on what is inside them. These are automatically-defined values that, in turn, passively affect thoughts and events in the room. Room roles and stats can be inspected with a new inspection tool (bottom right of screen).Previously added by someone else. PigeonGuru (talk) 04:28, 14 June 2017 (UTC)
- [11a] Guests are smarter and no longer walk out of the colony bleeding.
[11a] World data now saves into map file to prevent game state confusion with multiple saves on one world.Added. PigeonGuru (talk) 04:23, 14 June 2017 (UTC)
[11a] You can now perform surgery on guests. Violating surgery will anger their faction.Added. PigeonGuru (talk) 04:20, 14 June 2017 (UTC)
- [11b] Mods config page shows load order of mods.
 Factored together allowed areas, home area, no roof area, and snow clear area under a single AreaManager. Home area can now be assigned as an allowed area.All zones and areas already bundled under the Zone/Area page. PigeonGuru (talk) 13:57, 19 June 2017 (UTC)
 Improvements to trade interface: better layout, expands vertically to use all screen space, increment/decrement buttons and launch/drop all buttons added.Previously done. ~ Jimyoda (talk) 16:28, 25 June 2017 (UTC)
 Refactored how Hediffs are randomly given for birthdays and at other times.Too trivial. PigeonGuru (talk) 13:57, 19 June 2017 (UTC)
 Game will auto-reset mods config on startup crash to try to recover.Added. PigeonGuru (talk) 04:20, 14 June 2017 (UTC)
 Added ‘open’ designator for opening cryptosleep caskets, graves, sarcophagi, and other containers.Added. PigeonGuru (talk) 04:23, 14 June 2017 (UTC)